Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We have probably all heard alot about how labradors inparticular, suffering from arthritis, especially in old age. A good diet can sometimes aid or prevent this, but does anyone feed their labs any vitamins or supplements as a precaution to avoid this problem or help an existing one?

If you do, what types do you give?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi bradleysmum well i personal dont feed any extra vitamins to the labradors i own they get all there vitamins from there food check the side of the food you buy it will run down all the information there also when you buy your labradors ask to see the sire and dams hip score this hopefullt prevents buying trouble
hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
my neighbours labs suffer from arthritis and she gives them glucosamine for their joints, it helps to ease the joints and has given then a new lease of life.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi i give my lab Omega 3, she has had this every moring since she was 6mths i notice her coat to be in very good condition plus i have been told it is good for their jounts in later life!!!

Pam

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Hi,

I posted a similar Q the other day, as basil has just started agility but is healthy and fit.

I think i'm going to start giving omega 3 each day too :)

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Indie gets a couple of glucosamine tablets per week, and a dash of green lipped mussel extract a couple of times per week.

Other than that, they don't get any added oils, vitamins or minerals, as they have these in good amounts in the BARF diet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts