Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the posts about gundog training being good fun here's couple from my fundog training today.

This was the first time that Roxy had ever gone through the river then into the lake so I was really pleased that she did so much better the second time.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Did the exercise get broken down before doing the whole thing? Just wondering if that's why she struggled he first and not he second time.
Shame there was no one on the other side to poss throw a second when she struggled a little. It's so hard being on the other side of a river or ditch or obstacle and not being able to help when they struggle or correct them

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we did it first to just over the river bank. She had marked the dummy falling behind the tree so she charged toward the tree ( you can see she is galloping in her swimming ) when she got stuck up the bank it knocked her confidence a little. The second attempt she manages well so I was really pleased as I had never asked her over two obstacles before. It would have been nice to have someone over the river bank but I'm just grateful to have one person to train with I mustn't be greedy. :0)

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
... Glad you are enjoying her....

When you say above 'the first time we did it just over the river bank' do you mean you started where you are in both films, and the dummy landed on the bit between the two stretches of water.... the bit where she got tied up hunting in the first film?

Di

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Di,
yes that is where we sent the first dummy. She is used to going across or into one obstacle the first video was literally the first attempt at two stretches of water.

This is the first set up. I didn't want to show this one because of my big bum!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
It's certainly a nice piece of land to train on. V jealous. Who do You currently train with?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Angie, you've been there on a day with Di in Hertfordshire. She's a wonderful lady and her ground is fabulous, we have woods, cover, crops and lots of lakes. We've not been in the lakes for a while though as she's been hosting a lot of shoots. We have been working over the other side of the estate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts