Labradors Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly mutt has eaten something poisonous and has severely inflamed throat and stomach. Thankfully she's been sick about a zillion times and the vet believes whatever it was is out not in.

The vet is a magician and managed an X-ray by himself and without sedation and gave 3 injections. He was so shocked she lay on the X-ray table without moving that he took a photo with his phone to prove it.

So grateful that our vets do their own in house out of hours service. I even had to ask him for the bill and he said, oh pay it when you can. I don't even know how much it was which is just as well as in my rush I forgot my handbag!

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Poor Carys, hope she's got it all out of her system and is feeling all better soon :grouphuuug:

My Cassie would lie still for an x-ray too. She'd fall asleep anywhere, given the chance!

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Poor girl, how there are no lasting ill effects - and your nerves and bank balance are recovering :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-Angela- said:
Poor Carys, hope she's got it all out of her system and is feeling all better soon :grouphuuug:

My Cassie would lie still for an x-ray too. She'd fall asleep anywhere, given the chance!

Carys is a live wire.

When she had her mast cell tumour removed she had to have a sedative before they gave her the sedative and GA! They injected her and hubby had to walk around for 30 minutes to calm her down. That didn't work so in the end hubby had to go in the operating theatre to hold her while they gave her the GA.

The vet this time had two attempts, the first time she struggled and peed on him , the second she just lay there quiet and still. So still he had time to take a photo and the x-ray!

He must have bewitched her! (he was quite handsome too! ) :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She's well on the mend. No more sick and hardly any coughing. Thank god.

She had scrambled eggs last night and today weetabix and milk.

Whatever she ate burnt her mouth, throat and stomach. I've no idea what though. She's the clingy one and rarely ventures far. She's taken oven from Coco as the one barking to come wthin seconds of going out.

She currently snoring on Paul's knee. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts