Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the key points of attempting to deal with coronavirus is social distancing, and this affects all of us, including vets. With this in mind vets are trying to reduce seeing people to an absolute minimum. In other words, emergencies only. So what constitutes an emergency? That's always difficult, and a lot is about experience. A person with many years in dogs would have seen much and would probably not turn a hair at things which could cause almost panic in a person on their first ever dog! Try to think along the lines of, "If this had happened to me, rather than to my dog, would I be rushing to A&E, waiting to see what it's like tomorrow, or sticking a plaster on it and continuing with cooking dinner?" This line of reasoning will normally stand you in good stead.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
It’s the same here in France. For real emergencies Vets are still seeing pets but communicating with owners by telephone from cars and car parks away from the consulting room. The one exception is euthanasia where owners are permitted to be with pets but wearing mask and gloves. This is a massive relief to me having one oldie who is far closer to her time to “run ahead”. It’d finish me off if I couldn’t be there with her.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
I'm stuffed! I've completely lost my voice, so if anything happens with my girls, I'll have to get a neighbour to ring the vet. But we'll have to maintain lockdown, as I think I've started with this virus.

·
Administrator
20,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fingers crossed that it will only be mild Joanne. Look after yourself. xx

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Fingers crossed it’s just mild. It’s bloody frustrating there’s no tests. Stay well. Xx

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I'm stuffed! I've completely lost my voice, so if anything happens with my girls, I'll have to get a neighbour to ring the vet. But we'll have to maintain lockdown, as I think I've started with this virus.
Please keep us posted Joanne ❤
Thinking of you and your fur family xx

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
I'm fine, just fed up of being at home all the time, as are the girls. All my neighbours are looking out for each other, I've been given chicken soup and bread to make sure I've got enough to eat (I've got a freezer and larder full). The girls are just bored out of the heads having to stay in all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts