Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
after many trips to the vet we now have a way forward with our Kracker. he has had the allergy tests done now and has had Sarcoptic Mange, this now seems to have been controlled by the use of Advocate, but he also has been diagnosed with a dust and storage mite allergy, dust we can control and have some ideas from here and vet on storage, he advised us getting vetbed gold. my boy is in a 42" crate and will proberly remain there, don't know last time we shut him in mind. where can i get vetbed in that size i have trawled the net to no avail last night.
any ideas

thanks

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Bronteglen will cut it to size for you. Tel no 01274394307, they do have a web site, but you need to speak with them for best results.
sherry

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Thats interesting Sherry - do they do the Vetbed Gold as well? I've only ever seen it at PAH in teeny sizes - in truth - having had both, if you get the white hard backed vetbed and wash it at 95C (as I do with my litters) - I would have thought it should kill all allergens washed regularly - there is quite a significant difference in pricing between normal vetbed and the vetbed Gold.

I guess the only way you would know is to try and maybe too much of a risk :?

Hope you get it sorted.

G

·
For anyone who's interested, my son had an allergy to dust and storage mites when he was young, to the point where he was hospitalised several times because of it, I was advised to put his bedding and soft toys in the freezer for 24 hours after they had been washed as the cold following the washing kills off far more mites that just washing at high temperature.

Yes we had a very big freezer! but it may be worth a try as it really makes a huge difference. Just put the stuff in a plastic bag and freeze it, I used to have a set of bed linen permenantly chilled so a piece or two of vetbed would be easy to manage.

Hope this is of some help to someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts