Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12/13 years ago my parents bred a litter of lab puppies. Tonight, the only 'pup' we still regularly see has passed away.

I got a text from my best friends mum who had Blue, which said he took ill at 6:00pm and her son took him to the emergency vet. At 00:30 this morning he passed away. Blue had epilepsy, allergies and was bad with arthritis for years. He was still very much a lively bouncy lab, and when he met Saffron for the first time only around 2 months ago, he was like a puppy once again.

He's going to be so sorely missed by many and I am absolutely heartbroken. I'm babysitting my best friends 2 yr old and we were only talking about Blue this evening as she took an interest in a photo we have up of Bryn, and we were telling her about how he was Blues Daddy and how her Nan chose Blue especially because he looked like his Daddy etc.

Such a sad, sad day. And I'm sure there'll be lots of tears over the coming days and weeks. I'm on my phone at the moment but I'll dig out a pic of him later and post it. It also feels like our only link to our old boy Bryn has gone :( he only died last year too.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm sorry to read Blue has passed away.

How lovely that Saffy got to play with him recently though and you can reflect on that happy memory in time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some pics of the lovely Blue over the last 12 months:

And here he is meeting my Saffy a couple of months ago. His little tail didn't stop wagging the entire time:

I just heard from his owner that he had a roast dinner at 4:00pm, and at 6 he wouldn't get up to go to the toilet, so they took him to the emergency vet who monitored him for a while and put him to sleep at just after midnight. The vet was unable to hear his heart beating on one side and his circulation wasn't good either so they think he may have had a tumour (or even a ruptured tumour). In typical Blue style (and exactly like his Dad who passed away last June) he was licking the vet and wagging his tail until the end. Bless him.

His owner said it's killing her, because Blue was conceived and born especially for her, and he was her soul mate and got her through losing her husband, both her parents, and some very dark times. Not seeing him at the window waiting for her nearly killed her today she said :(

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
ilovemylabby said:
His owner said it's killing her, because Blue was conceived and born especially for her, and he was her soul mate and got her through losing her husband, both her parents, and some very dark times. Not seeing him at the window waiting for her nearly killed her today she said :(
Bless her :(. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

He looks like a gorgeous boy, she will have many happy memories.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts