Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our girl Bailey is just over 11 months old. Tuesday last week she was a little sick after her morning walk and didn't eat her breakfast. We later realised that she'd been sick in her crate, probably overnight, as well. She's fed on Wainwright's and we continued to offer it at her mealtimes for the rest of the week. She wasn't too bothered about the food but was drinking water (she drinks a lot usually so was maybe drinking a little less than usual) and was happy in herself and was just as keen and eager to go for walks.

By the weekend she seemed to be back to normal, had her appetite back and was eating her food. Yesterday morning my husband heard her whining in her crate about 7am which she never does. He went and let her out and she made straight for the back door. Out in the garden she had a really runny poo and again didn't eat her breakfast. She did have a little bit of her tea last night but we've woken up to find she's been sick in her crate again and isn't eating breakfast.

We didn't take her to the vets last week as she was only sick a little and whilst not eating she was drinking, exercising and playing as normal. With her having the same thing a week later we don't know whether we should be having her checked out by a vet now. Otherwise is there something else we should be doing like not offering food for a day or so or offering something different. Someone suggested scrambled egg or rice but as she's such a good eater we'd took the kibble refusal as a sign she simply didn't want to eat so hadn't offered anything else.

Help! Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm not an expert but it sounds like you should maybe take her to see the vet if its not clearing up on its own. Chewy kept getting upset tummies, the vet perscribed antibiotics and some probiotic powders and she seems much better now.

The vet told me that if the antibiotics didn't work then it could be she was allergic to something in her food, or something she keeps eating in the garden or on walks.

I hope Bailey feels better soon.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are you feeding moist or dry food? If dry have you tried soaking it and if moist have you tried putting it in the micro for 60 seconds?

If you are worried about her take her to the vet, they will be able to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts