Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This week has been Smudge's first time 'home alone' as Chris and I returned to work following a two week holiday with him.

What can I say but how brilliant he has been! We got home for lunch on the first day, nervous of what we would find, but there were no little wet patches (or anything else!) - he just went outside as soon as we got home and relieved himself.

Tonight he went to the vets for his final injections and also his 'Indentichip'. He didn't seem to notice the injections at all, though of course the vet bribed him with vitamin sweets again!

My parents came to visit at the weekend, which he loved! He's such a show off! And this weekend, Chris' parents arrive - none of them are coming to see us of course!

He is teething/mouthing a lot at the moment, but then that is to be expected, and whilst it's quite prevalent, we're trying to cope with this as best we can using the advice we have found here and in our current 'bible' - The Perfect Puppy.

He's also sleeping now for about 6 hours - fantastic for us as we were knackered after the first 10 days or so!

Smudge is totally and utterly the biggest part of our lives at the mo - and we couldn't be happier! He's so scrummy!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Nicola,

Glad that he is settling down so well. I bet your parents spoil him. I know mine did when they were over recently from Spain.

He sounds really well behaved which is a bonus as well.... 8)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Nicola,

Thanks for telling us all about Smudge, it's always nice to hear other peoples experiences and stories. Smudge sounds like a dream! I remember the days well when our puppy Bradley was waking up through the night, to go to the loo, and it's bliss when they sleep through isn't it. I'm glad the first time you left him was ok too, he sounds like a really good little pup.

How old is he now?

I think all pup owners are to be commended, although it's mostly great fun having a puppy, it's certainly hard work, and it's all a big learning curve isn't it. Well done though - you seem to have adjusted well, and Smudge certainly seems at home with his family!

We haven't left Bradley alone for more than about 3 hours yet, but tomorrow we are visiting Barcelona and want a few hours by ourselves, so it's going to be on my mind a little, leaving him for an extra hour or so. Sounds silly i know, but as you'll probably agree, they are such big parts of our lives now..i don't think we will ever stop thinking about them!

Anyway, i'll look forward to hearing more about Smudge as he grows, hope you enjoy every minute of him.

Bye for now

Julie

:hello2:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update On Smudge

Hi Brian & Julie

My parents loved him to bits! My mum got a bit upset as she lost her dog of 15 years last year and still gets really sad when she is with dogs, but Smudge won her round and made her smile again. Chris' parents are travelling down tomorrow and I just know they're gonna love him too! The great thing about our respective families is that they love dogs too so we'll be able to take him on his travels to see them in Kent and up in West Yorkshire.

Julie, I was so sad about leaving Smudge! On Sunday night, I actually cried for ages because I just hated the thought of him being alone - and then I cried again in the morning when we were leaving for work and didn't stop blubbing all the way in the car! Coming home for lunch a few hours later though and seeing that he had been well behaved was a big relief - I hope it goes well for you tomorrow and just think how pleased Bradley will be to see you again later, I'm sure he'll be just fine.

All the best,
Nicola.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts