Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst walking in the local country park with my 3 yesterday a man whom I had never met before approached me and told me that Alfie is very fat! I pointed out that yes he is a big lad but he had a clearly defined waist and I can feel his ribs without too much pressure.

I was really p****d off, how dare he! I should have told him that his wife is ugly but 2 wrongs don't make a right!

Lorna

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
LOL!
I'm at the opposite end of the scale with my small boy. I've started telling people that I have a mini Labrador - have you not heard of them? That's why he's called Cooper, as in mini Cooper. :lol:

I told a lady her lab was 'huge' and then straight away 'obviously not fat, but such a strongly built boy', which he was. :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I should have told him that his wife is ugly but 2 wrongs don't make a right!
Hahahaha, you should have!

Pay no mind to mean people like that.
It's best to ignore and move on (hard I know - I normally stew on things for a few days :roll: )

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Oh just some people are awful.
I get a lot of unwanted comments; one of the best was that I'm stupid (!) because having 2 I should breed them. :roll:
Sometimes you just have to ignore.
If you know your boy is fit and in good condition then that's what really matters :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kiki_Dollywood said:
LOL!
I'm at the opposite end of the scale with my small boy. I've started telling people that I have a mini Labrador - have you not heard of them? That's why he's called Cooper, as in mini Cooper. :lol:
A couple of weeks ago an elderly lady with a dog approached me after seeing me doing some basic training with Dante and started talking about how I should work with a dog. Her dog is a Labrador mix, probably with a mastiff, and she praised some heavy-handed techniques that worked for her.

After a while, she asked about Dante and when she heard he's a Lab pup she said that he's a miniature Labrador, not the normal one.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Cadbury is a solid dog with a huge chest which makes him look big. I do have to watch his weight, but the weird thing it is when he is at his ideal weight that I get the comments he is fat! :lol:

Cadbury has a tucked waist and you can feel his ribs without difficulty, he is just very muscular.

I think one of the worst comments I ever heard was when my dad was running Cadbury in a fenced field. Cadbury looked over a fence at a lady who was passing who called him "a vicious pit-bull!" and told people he was going to attack her!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Today, and last week I got told " Ooh you have your hands full with them!" Stupid as the first time I had them all on a loose lead on my left side under perfect control. Today, they were free about 20yards ahead trotting very quietly past cows as they were scared of them and the electric fence so the girls were trying to melt into the hedge.
It makes me wonder what they would say with an out of control dog!

·
Registered
167 Posts
ScottandBuddy said:
Pay no mind to mean people like that.
Exactly this...

Even just agree with them and walk away and don't even think about it again.. Who cares really. You'll never see them again. And just don't let it bother you.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a couple of recent pics of "Fatty"!

[fullalbumimg:713dac44b2]2545[/fullalbumimg:713dac44b2]

[fullalbumimg:713dac44b2]2537[/fullalbumimg:713dac44b2]

Lorna

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
If it happens again tell the person concerned that whilst your dog could lose weight if necessary they, unfortunately, would probably always be rude and opinionated :wink:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm regularly told mine is definately not all lab and is certainly crossed with something :/ they then go on to give ideas - most obscure suggestion was a whippet! His ridiculously skinny phase used to get a lot of comments as well.

It annoys me people are happy to comment on your dog but would never say that to a human face to face.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts