Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts continue re future sourcing a comfortable waterproof dog bed that wont flatten easily but keeping an eye on price too.

Tuffies wipe clean ticks many boxes albeit at a price.

I have been looking elsewhere & specifically at one of the medium sized waterproof beds from a company called ukpetbeds

Click here for bed I have enquired about

They also seems to have a seperate website http://www.ukpetbeds.co.uk/index.html

I have sent polite emails to the seller but without reply. I asked a few Q's so don't know if this offended or caused them to suspect me as a trade competitor. (Clear Q's merely related to conflicting size,spec, durability & safety etc)

Anyone tried one or dealt with this specific company/seller ?

Aware of other products & brand loyalty of some so please don't respond with........I love my Tuffies, Zippy, Orvis etc etc.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Looks good and seems to have good reviews. How long since you emailed?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apologies I must have edited last post before seeing your reply. Yes goes to voicemail.

I will continue to chip away at this - well up to a point :)

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I've tried a few of those through the years.... what were your questions? I wouldn't pick them for a Labrador myself with hindsight, they easily rip the hell out of them...

Di

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Di,

Basically I asked............

A query on size as the measurements for the medium varied slightly between ebay and their website - (may seem pedantic but mattress needs to fit a specific size crate).

I think I also asked if zips were concealed, if filling was fireproof/toxic and if the covers they sell can be fitted over the waterproof bed.

I know I said I didn't want to readreviews of other beds but your indication re lack of suitability to needs or your gang cause me to pose the question...........What beds have you got ?

Don't expect you to be able to answer the above over than maybe the zip issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
The zips are concealed under a sort of small flap that runs the length of the zip. its fairly close fitting and well covered, but that meant nothing to mine, they picked the corners off first and then went to town ;-)

I don't know if the filling is fireproof, i imagine it would need to be these days but thats prob not assuring enough, but mine ate plenty of it over the years its like a fine fine white cotton... not ideal for digestion of course, and certainly could cause blockages, but not actually toxic.

Beds... I'm a kennel orientated household, so mine have bashed about old plastic beds with a piece of vetbed folded in them in the Kennel. I have yet to find a soft bed a labrador won't wreak if single minded enough, they even eat chunks out the plastic from time to time ;-)

In the kitchen when they are in they have a piece of vetbed on the flags, and a blanket thrown over the top to be a bit comfy :)

Di

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks....info on the specific beds appreciated

Last few months we have an old duvet and cover in use in bottom of the crate - he has had the odd nibble but probably when absent of kong.

After wet coated home returns we simply put an oval plastic bed on top of whats in the crate & containing a couple of old blankets.

I suspect I am less sentimental than some re bedding however have been considering waterproof items of late.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I appreciate this isn't specific info on the bed mentioned but just incase its of interest. When I needed a waterproof bed I brought a metre of fake looking leather table protector from dunelm. It was thick but still not too thick for the sewing machine. I just made an oblong, put an old pillow in and stitch it up.

Amanda

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Zippy do oblong/rectangular crate mattresses with faux leather on for a reasonable price I just fancied a more pillow shaped puffier one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts