Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Julie

We would like to take Smudge to stay in a cottage in the Yorkshire Dales at some point. Thankfully, many holiday companies are catching on to the fact that owners want to take their pets with them and so many will now specify pet-friendly accommodation. A couple more links here:-

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holidays/search/ukcottagesearch2.asp

http://www.dales-holiday-cottages.com/search.asp

Smudge gets to travel a bit anyway as my parents live in Kent, and Chris' live in West Yorkshire. Can't imagine going anywhere without him! Mind you, I doubt he'll get to be as well travelled as lil' Bradley!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Nicola,Smudge will adore the walks in the Dales, but be warned the things he will roll in smell twice as bad as anywhere else,try Aysgarth Falls for a great walk.Take care Lynne.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Lynne

They just love rolling in smelly things don't they?! lol! I can't wait for us to go for our little family holiday. Must get something sorted out!

Our old family dog used to love rolling in fish scales - yuck! Everyone used to cross the road away from us as we were walking home!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
48 Posts
taking dogs on holiday

Hi all,

we brought a touring caravan last year. I can enjoy my holiday better because im not constanlty worring about the mess the dogs are making of someone elses. Some people might call it a very large dog kennel on wheels. We also purchased a landrover to pull it which has plenty of room in the back for three labs.

Really looking forward to taking our puppy Beth on holiday with her brothers. We will probably go to Anglesey for a weekend to see how Beth finds the whole experience before we travel a long distance.

Janet

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Nic,

I bet smudge would love a holiday - and you and Chris of course! 8) Makes it so much nicer when you can take your dog places doesn't it.

Hi Janet - Hope you're having fun with your caravan..i bet you've seen some lovely places, caravans are great fun aren't they!

Just found another link - this time for canal boat holidays! This is something i would love to go on in the future - i'll leave Brad to be the captain though as i wouldn't have a clue how to sail a boat! :)

http://www.canalboatholidays.com/canalboat/uk.shtml

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
I remember going boating on the Norfolk Broads twice when I was very young - the first dog my parents owned ended up in the water on both occasions! :lol:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
We holiday in Uk everyear for about 2 months.... and just when we were thinking of not travelling abroad coz of mr.frodo i click on this post and Voilaaaaaaaaaa i'm having second thought.....just waiting for frodo to grow...

sadly we do not have puppy friendly ( why do i dislike using the word dog) places out here.. The only holiday i took frodo was to our holiday house about 120 kms from mumbai

But my heart sinks thinking about him travelling in cargo for 8-9 hours to reach UK..... :? I have time to think....

Thanks 2 bradleysmum, nicola for the lovely links and 2 u 2 lynee for menatally preparing me to accept frodo rolling in smell .... Good day.... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts