Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Training yesterday, Open test today ;-)

UGS kent & East Sussex ran a superb Open test on field trial lines today at Ossett in Essex by kind permission of Mark Polley.

26 dogs started. We lost 2 in the first round, 3 more in the second round, took 20 to the third round, lost 8 there and then the judges dropped 7 more to leave 6 to fight the fourth round all whom got an award.

Won by a Flatcoat (the ONLY flatcoat in the field!) and Robert Willatts. Second Darren Flood, Third Paul Jennings, Fourth Ben van Praggh, COM Robert Worrall and also COM Caroline Heasman.

Mallie did good. No world was set onfire but she did the first and second rounds well. Her third round retrieve she didn't mark so turned into a handling exercise which wasn't ugly but wasn't pretty and we didn't go out by way of failure, but were one of the 7 dropped by the judges as 'ok but not good enough'. Happy enough with that. (In tiny letters well actually No i'm NOT but the field was really seriously strong and our game needed to be about 50% better to really register!) Fab test, leaving one with that 'Oh my god the trial season is nearly upon us, HOW many hours can I, realistically, put in between now and then and not have my OH leave ??' ;-)

Di

·
Administrator
21,507 Posts
Good for Rob Willatts! Nice to see him in the results. He's stuck with for so many years.

Regards, John

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Well done Di and Mallie. Jeez - I have no idea how you manage to cram so much in - do you have extra hours in your days than the rest of us?!

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well done Di and Mallie :D . Sounds like a very constructive day indeed. I'm with Becs though....just how many hours extra in the day do you have?! :flower:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts