Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. We have had Molly for a week now and she has settled in really well. As she has become more used to us (and a little bolder!) she is developing a habit of pulling and tugging at our clothes like a tug-of-war game. She has already torn a pair of my work trousers. We have tried the ahh ahh and short sharp barks, prising open her jaws and distraction techniques but I am wondering if this is giving her the attention she is seeking. On the other hand, it is hard to ignore the sound of tearing fabric! Any suggestions would be very welcome - we would like to nip this in the bud!
Thanks.

I'd also be grateful if anyone could let know how to reduce the size of my photos so I can upload them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,

Truffle did this, and many pairs of trousers bear the marks! In the end I just ignored him, stood still and waited for him to get bored and let go, then lots of praise for being a good boy and why don't you chew this instead? I have special 'dog trousers' so wasn't too worried if they got bitten if it meant he'd stop grabbing my dressing gown! He rarely does this now, only when he's so excited he can't control himself.

I read somewhere that the game for them is you pulling back to get the object away from them, so if it stays still they give up, and that theory seemed to work with Truffle.

Hope this helps

Cat and Truffle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts