Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my lab for two weeks today, he seems settled, sleeping through the night, almost potty trained however the past 3 days he's started biting my leg and humping it. I know he's trying to dominate me but he won't stop. He only does it when I take him outside for a wee though.
He only does it to me and no once else. I'm the one training him and most of the time he listens but he's trying to push his boundaries. Like jumping up on the sofa and biting my hands. Of I say ouch he just bites harder :(
What should I do?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Try looking in the puppy section, there's a great thread called labrador puppies bite a lot and hard too. It's got lots of good tips. It sounds like your little lad is settling well and it's very normal puppy behaviour. I'd forget the dominance idea he's just a baby.

?

·
0 Posts
He's not dominating you, he's just treating you like a playmate when he's excited. You are obviously his Best Buddy. Try distracting him with a toy or a treat before he gets carried away and then praising him for playing with that instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts