Labradors Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lab parents :D

In another thread not so long ago, i think it was Karen who mentioned she gave Corbie something called 'Crackerjacks' from the makers James Wellbeloved. Well thanks to Karen, i've bought a large packet for Bradley, and if he's a good boy he'll get one as an occasional treat. :p

By the way - he loves them, as soon as the bag comes out so does the drool! 8O :lol:

They contain pure, natural ingredients
Are Hypo-allergenic and good for your lab
Contain no unhealthy additives: No added artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or sugars.
And are foil wrapped in a resealable pack for that just-cooked taste.
They also come in 3 Varieties :D

You can find more info here:

http://www.wellbeloved.co.uk/welcome/dog/cracker/intro/

What treats or snacks do you give your labs, do you have any tips to pass on to other members?

Thanks! 8)

Julie

·
Registered
16,475 Posts
Once in a bluemoon I get my friend to bring over Beef jerky for hershey he loves it he goes absolutley mad on it and would rip th epack out of your hand if your not careful. :lol:
He only ever gets it 2 or 3 times a year just a really special treat

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Julie - Glad to here Bradley likes Crackerjacks! Corbie knows that word now and he jumps straight into his crate as we always give him a couple if he has to go in there when we go out anywhere. :lol: He's only had turkey flavour but I've got duck flavour on standby when those run out soon.

Corbie likes his frozen carrots still, even though he's not really teething now.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
karen. max still loves frozen carrots too. he also loves a bit of apple. pedigree markies are still a strong fav. :D

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Markies, a daily Bonio and also a Dentastix a day are Shadow's treats, along with Spillers Shapes while out on walkies!
I'll have to try a carrot - do you gave them to Max & Corbie 'as they come', ie un-peeled, or do you prepare them first?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all

Ozzy also likes to munch on a raw carrot.......actually, he'll happily munch on anything really.

Two of his favourite snacks are dried tripe and dried pigs ears which we get at our local pet shop. They stink like nothing else but he loves them so we put up with it!

Vicki

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
hi paul
i give max his carrots as they come. just wash them first. he normally gets one a day. he loves frozen as well!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Frodo's fav treats are cheese, mango, mcvites digestive low fat lolz and cottage cheese :D Not a fan of the doggie treats avaible in India except for Greenies

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
She'll eat anything, even salad if there's dressing on it. She does love cheese though and quiche - she at a whole one the other day right off the kitchen table and liver cake which I bake myself (flour, egg, glaric, lambs liver).

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Buster has Markies,Gravy Bones,Winalot Rewards, Dentastix,Jumbone,Carrots and anything you can put in a Kong

I tried frozen yogurt in his Kong but after he got it all over the living room floor,patio door, television screen and the fireplace :lol: I don't think so somehow, unless he is outside.

Kev

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
GrecianExile said:
I'll have to try a carrot - do you gave them to Max & Corbie 'as they come', ie un-peeled, or do you prepare them first?
I just take them out the bag and put in the freezer and he eats the lot - when I first did it I cut the ends off and peeled them but Graeme told me to just give it to Corbie as it was :lol: I now realise I should've done this in the first place... I mean, as if a lab would notice if a carrot was peeled or not :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Murphy has crackerjacks, winalot rewards, eukbana biscuits and quest, nylabones edibles, those seem to upset the tummy as it freshens breath so we have stoped. He is a little hoover, we give him peeled and sliced apples and carrots, bananas, bits of ham and he gets a bit of yoghurt as the vet said it helps with gut bacteria. In the kong we have read that peanut butter can be used is that not a bit dodgy ie salt, nuts etc can you buy doggy peanut butter, someone said get sandwich spread but murphy got a bit icky when we spread it inside his kong, and gravy which we froze inside his kong, loved it and he loves marmite

anyone got ideas for kongs

·
Registered
880 Posts
there was a thread for kong recipies, but i think it was fuller on the old version of the site. However as long as theres something smearer round the outside (marmite, peanut butter, plain yoghurt, honey etc) then something good smelling (cheese/meat etc) right at the end by the little hole progressing through mediumly interesting things (fruit, veg, regular food) through to less interesting things (rice, cous cous, bread, cereal etc) then something blocking the large hole ideally a shapes type large biscuit. The smell of the best foood at the end through the little hole gives the incentive to get to it thorough the smaller hole, pack kongs fairly tight but know your dogs limitations, if its too hard they will give up, if they get stuck, especially if there is a lot of gooey stuff at the end treat on the kong fairly hard to squish the contents.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lucca seems to do anything for cheese - we have taught him to sit in 1 1/2 days through the use of this treat, lets hope it helps with the toilet training as well :wink:

Sarah

·
Registered
747 Posts
treats

clyde loves bananas thats his favourite but is quite happy munching any fruit likes a carrot from the fridge,and will see of a whole apple in double quick time ,markies & smoked pigs ears that he gets from his aunty jessie who owns the local pet shop.but the ultimate treat is a big juicy marrow bone from his dad who is a butcher.
PLEASE REMEMBER FOLKS DO NOT FEED GRAPES OR DRIED FRUIT TO YOUR DOG :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts