Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a constant balance between a high enough value reward and healthy and low cal as possible to avoid weight issues. So I bought theses:-

http://www.dogaid.org.uk/shop/4579350086/Treat-Toob/7505071

Now I mixed a little tinned salmon with left over mashed potato (no butter etc) and watered it down a little.

Happy Minnie !

It is easy to give a tiny amount, uses up leftovers you have around and the tube is easy washable too.

We tried it out with some lillys kitchen food init if you want to use tinned food, but Min not so good on this kind of food but I knew it would be easy to make up stuff she loves.

Mandy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So easy to clean, the cap comes off with a decent sized opening.

With the kind of food I will use in it I shall be washing it most days anything dries in there it might be a problem.

Just checked, don't have a dishwasher so not something I think of, anyway, the tube and collar are dishwasher safe, flip lid is hand wash only.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
:D It looks brill!! :D

Could you give it a quick scrub out with an old toothbrush??

Chel and Dilys xxx

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Hmmm... my two love liver paste and primula squeezy cheese but if I let the tube get anywhere near Luna she takes about 3 secs to puncture it... is it puncture proof should an eager, food-starved, lunatic make a grab to steal it rather than lick it like her Tucker!?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that is something I can't say for certain.

It is quiet thick and flexible but a tooth in the wrong place, who can say for sure. Obviously it is not a toy so not for chewing.

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
You have given me the idea of checking the 'Travel' section in Boots where they have the empty little bottles to put smaller amounts of liquids in... maybe cheaper than the Toob so less disappointing when Luna no doubts causes damage. Tucker is a licker so it maybe that it could become a 'Tucker Treat Toob' only!!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi
I have added some pictures of mine to give me detail.

It is so thick and flexible which is why I believe it to be so much better than the travel squeeze tubes.

It also has a valve thingy so you don't get leaks.

For any training or recall it will work because you can hit your dogs buttons without going high fat. Min loves the squeezy cheese but doesn't have it because with her level of training it would be too much but I could take some and thin it down. Win win as far as I am concerned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts