Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially; I've been wrapping Sonny up in a blanket and taking him in the car. Me holding him and somebody else Driving.

Having a Ford Fiesta Hatchback.. Getting a crate to fit the boot was becoming quite troublesome. I decided to get a Dog Guard and wanted to get one that was decent and would fit well. I found Travall online and it provided me with a guard that would fit for the cost of £89.99 with £7 next day delivery. Quite expensive I thought to begin with but when I considered universal guards and mesh guards to be around £50-60 then it wasn't all that much extra for superior quality.

Another feature I liked with it is that you can still use your parcel tray with the guard fitted. So when Sonny is not in the car the boot can remain as normal and be covered with the tray to prevent any praying eyes.

Ordered and Delivered by UPS on Friday there, fitted with no hassle and no tools and it's solid. My only grudge is that I didn't do it before I got him. So I would of had those beginning weeks to get him used to it instead of taking him in the car.

I would defo recommend to anyone. I also got a cheap £20 rubber boot mat off ebay and now all I'm looking for is a boot liner to go under the rubber mat and cover all the sides and back seats. ( It's a 63 plate so kinda want to keep it good :) )

By the way.. If anyone has a Boot Liner and would like to recommend one then please do.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Try hatchbag .co.uk.

I have had my liner for nearly 7 years and it's as good as new. Worth every penny and they are unique to each car so it fits exactly :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions . I'm about paying around 90 but afaik. If it lasts for years then perhaps it'll pay fur itself .

I do like the look of the but my only is that there is a small space below the guard. Enough space a paw to be on the top of the rear seats. I'm thinking how I could cover that. If the boot liner looped over the headrests with a lip or even attached to the bottom of the guard that would be handy .

Do they or could they?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I'm sure if u asked the ladies at hatchbag they could come up with something for you. They were very helpful when I spoke to them.

It's a big outlay but has been more than worth it for me. It's kept he boot spotless underneath for the past 7 years with 3 Labradors in it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked into Hatchbag and also spoke to them. All looks good. Expensive but probably worth it.

I'm not sure about adding in a Rubber Mat with it; Does anyone have one and know how good they are and how anti-slip they are? Like does the dog does slide all over it in the boot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received my Hatch-bag. After the long manufacturing wait.

I have received my hatchbag but it doesn't have in-bounds where the D-Ring is in the car thus incompatible with the dog guard.

Disappointing because I even phoned them to enquiry and order, and despite our long conversation, he knew I had a dog guard and it was intended for a dog. I didn't know unit ll know that I would have had to get an extra bound cut to fit around the dog guard.

Pretty pantss

1 - 8 of 8 Posts