Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harvey went to his first training class last week, where i was shown how to hold the lead for Harvey to heel.

I have been having some problems with the way they have shown me how to hold the lead, so therefore we really haven't made any progress.

The lead has to be in the right hand, with arm going across you if you need to draw the dog in you pull gently,well it is this bit i can't do, i am use to holding the lead in right hand and then taking the slack in the left, which i find easier but the trainer said no no?

Does anyone else have problem the way the trainer tells them to hold the lead, it seems as though it is a totally different way of holding it to what i was shown a number of years ago, have things changed that much?

Mandy

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
stick with it - think positively like how you can do it - not how you aren't getting on with it

in time it will come naturally - just like tieing shoelaces!! it's early days

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
5 Posts
20 years ago when I attended dog training the dog was to be on the left & lead right hand but when we had Bob 3 years ago the trainer said it didn't matter which side the dog was. So if you aren't planning on showing, do as you feel comfortable and if the trainer doesn't like it take your money else where!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts