Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have a black labrador who is 14 months old. We're struggling to find any toy that he can't destroy 🤦‍♀️ We have bought Kong products and synthetic bones, antlers etc but he just gets through them. Bought him this 'durable' Kong today and it only took him 8mins to get through it..... suggestions welcome 🙂

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
I must admit, I don't have many toys for my dogs. I have a ball which is pretty much indestructible, but you wont be able to buy one! It was brought by my mother for her dog, who was bone in 1928, so that ball is 92 years old! As a thought, the black kongs tend to be stronger than the red ones. But my usual toy, particularly with my puppies is simply an old sweater, rolled up and tied in a big knot to make a sort of ball out of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must admit, I don't have many toys for my dogs. I have a ball which is pretty much indestructible, but you wont be able to buy one! It was brought by my mother for her dog, who was bone in 1928, so that ball is 92 years old! As a thought, the black kongs tend to be stronger than the red ones. But my usual toy, particularly with my puppies is simply an old sweater, rolled up and tied in a big knot to make a sort of ball out of it.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Even the black king's are a no go and anything fabric is a definite no. We'll just keep looking I guess

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
There is no such thing as an indestructible toy, otherwise the manufacturers would be shooting themselves in the foot. Just let him have cardboard boxes and clear it up after him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know the feeling with Poppy chewing up all her toys. The only thing we buy for her now is Nylabone's. The ones for 50+ in weight. Poppy doesn't chew chunks off. Yes they will get small points on them. We never find on the floor any pieces she's chewed off. She has about 8 of them and everyday she gets a different one. Before she gets a chewed back my husband will use the bench grinder in the garage and grind all the points off of them. Poppy didn't get as big as the breeder said she was going to which for us is good. She 57 pound lap dog. Poppy will turn 2 July 17th

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
She 57 pound lap dog.
Chloe decided 22kg, (48.5 lbs) was the ideal weight for a lap dog. She really is a little lady! But she still has no problem retrieving a mallard! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
I know the feeling with Poppy chewing up all her toys. The only thing we buy for her now is Nylabone's. The ones for 50+ in weight. Poppy doesn't chew chunks off. Yes they will get small points on them. We never find on the floor any pieces she's chewed off. She has about 8 of them and everyday she gets a different one. Before she gets a chewed back my husband will use the bench grinder in the garage and grind all the points off of them. Poppy didn't get as big as the breeder said she was going to which for us is good. She 57 pound lap dog. Poppy will turn 2 July 17th
I would be very careful letting a dog chew up something plastic like that, something natural, such as a bulls horn is much better. Or even a regular bulls pizzle as a treat. It's only recently we're discovering how dangerous it is having all this microplastic in our environment, if dogs are regularly chewing off small pieces of plastic and ingesting them then that's just on a larger scale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts