Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All 3054 feet of it :cry:

After an early start, and an hour or so's drive, we arrived ready to head off shortly after 8am, the weather looked promising

But the fog soon closed in 8O

Undeterred, we carried on, bravely having a quick break for a Bonio, and Les checks our altitude, or maybe Facebook? (good lad Olly, keeping your eyes fixed on the boss) :wink:

Refuelled with Bonios the girls agreed to pose on the final ascent, the fog even lifted (no sign of wind :D )

Wait, tho....... If the fog has lifted, isn't it likely that wind had a hand in things?? :roll:

Olly and Gav pose manfully at the summit, Olly's ears indicate the direction and speed of the wind :lol: :lol:

Proof tho, that the girlies made it too, in the lea of the stone windbreak

And, finally, back down, the same view as earlier but with added fog 8O 8O

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Great photos, as always.

How long were you walking for ? Looks like a great place for walking the dogs.
Since getting a spaniel I have learnt some places are better for walking them than others !! They seem to be able to scramble and climb up just about anything !

Chloe

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rubyrubyruby said:
How long were you walking for ? Looks like a great place for walking the dogs.
Since getting a spaniel I have learnt some places are better for walking them than others !! They seem to be able to scramble and climb up just about anything !

Chloe
We cheated a little, and parked at Latrigg car park. That saves a wee bit of time. It took about 2 and a half hours up, we were in no hurry tho, several stops and a really relaxed pace. An hour and a half back down, gently pace once again. It is steep at first, maybe an hours slog, no fun tbh, but grand after that, and a good path to follow. We are not climbers, we just enjoy (in the loosest sense) the climb, also it was great to see loads of folk with dogs wandering up.

Spaniels can scramble and climb just as you say. They are also fearless. Both of these things are quite a problem at times 8O :D :

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Yes, Bella prefers to be scrambling up cliffs rather than running along the beach like a nice, reliable labrador ! Or maybe a bit of tree climbing ?!
Whereas Ruby carries out a risk assessment first !!

Chloe

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't often hear the term risk assessment and spaniel in the same sentence :lol:

Eta cockers are renowned for it tho, springers are a stately and ponderous breed :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by ALL!!! :D

I must confess, that in the third pic (OK,OK, I know me eyesight is not too good an' me glasses and monitor needs cleanin') to me it looks like Les is holding a tiny puppy who is wearing a fog mask??!! :lol:

Chel (mad oldie) and Dilys (she's not with me, I just have to live with her :roll: )xxx

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DJGoody said:
Can I just say these posts and pictures are so unfair to us Londoners?!?!?!?!

You lucky buggers!!!

:p 8O
Ah! But you don't have to travel 400 miles for lunch at Le Gavroche :wink:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Woah I almost got altitude sickness looking at this, no not jealous of your mountains to climb :wink:

Lovely photos :)

Groetjes from the flat lands !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts