Labradors Forums banner

Tomorrow is Spay Day- SHE IS HOME

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Em_n_Bailey 
#1 ·
I really really want it to be this time tomorrow night :(

I feel sick just thinking about taking her in the morning.......but I have put if off for 2 years 8O

Oh my word, what a horrible feeling, I will not be sitting down tomorrow

#5 ·
Hi it's an awful feeling putting them through an op but sure it's going to be fine.Try and keep busy if possible.Lily was spayed 5 weeks ago and was fine apart from being a bit wobbly and whiney the 1st night.Hopefully you don't get too much of a sleepless night tomorrow still it's nice as you get lots of cuddles when our dogs need comfort.Hope the day passes quickly for you and Bailey recovers quickly

#7 ·
Bailey will be fine I`m sure Em, she may be a bit whiney and unsettled tomorrow night but that will be mostly down to the GA, give her 24/48 hours and you won`t know she`s had an op.

As Carrie says, try to keep busy and the time will pass more quickly :)

#8 ·
Thank you everyone

I knew I would be feeling nervous, but I am finding it really really hard, and feel a bit of a wally :lol:

It's the anticipation I think :(

I will keep you all posted

Think I'm going to take the kids to a soft play area once we've dropped Bailey with the vet :D

#12 ·
Oh my word, it feels like one of the LONGEST days of my life 8O :lol:

I have been such a worry wart all day :(

Bailey went bounding in for her spay this morning, happy as Larry to be going off with a young lady......that was at 8:30

I think I have worn out the hinge on my mobile phone checking the time today :lol:

We were allowed to collect Bailey at 3pm (I had rang at 1pm to check all was ok).....so we arrived just after 2:30 and sat in the carpark :lol:

I could have bawled like a baby when they brought her to me.....she was shaking like a leaf and just nuzzled into my chin :(

Once we had left her this morning, she had been so scared :( but I was assured that she was given extra loves......I felt so so guilty :(

She is now fast asleep on the bed sofa that we have brought down for me to sleep on tonight, she had been following me around so, until now, I have been with her constantly

It is all done now, and although I really haven't enjoyed a single part of it, it has only been one day and I am glad that we have done it

Bailey will be getting extra special loves, and when she is less groggy she has 2 new toys from the children to play with :D

#13 ·
Oh bless Em, dont worry the guilt feeling is very normal (well at least for me :( ), I hope your gorgeous Bailey is feeling better soon and in a few days you will forget she has had a major op, well apart from where she has been shaved :)

{{{{{{{feeling better soon}}}}}}}}}}}}} vibes for Bailey and (((hugs))) for you :D

#16 ·
I'm glad things have gone well for Bailey. The guilt fades!!!! I didn't have a clue what to do after leaving Luna with the vet for her spay. Ended up dawdling for ages around the supermarket then vacuuming the whole house (Luna hates the vacuum so thought getting it done when she wasn't around would be a good gift for her)

Enjoy the sleepy dog cos you'll be screaming at her to 'Take care! You'll burst your stitches!' in a few days!!!!

TIP: Learnt this tip when Luna had to rest for a couple of months due to leg stress fracture and wished I'd learnt for rest after spay!!! Cut back her food so that she has less energy to burn off!!!!

#17 ·
Thanks everyone :D

It does upset me to see her so tired and groggy, I expected it but it has still taken me by surprise a little....it's just not 'Bailey'

I'm sure she will be bounding around tomorrow......it will be a hard task stopping the children and Bailey playing together like they always do, she is excellent at 'Hide-and'seek' :lol: :lol:

#20 ·
Oh bless her, so glad all went ok and she's back home :grouphuuug:

I've got it to come next week and I'm already :cry: I shall be looking for a little virtual support in a few days too. She's such a mummy's girl, we hate being apart and I'd happily sit at the vets with her all day if they let me :oops:

#23 ·
Moj said:
My bitch has got all this still to come :(
Same here, Indy is booked in mid-September...

Is Bailey feeling any better now?

#26 ·
Bailey's night went really well.....although I woke up at her every move :lol: :lol:

She is still moving a bit slower than normal this morning but has been moving around a lot more than last night which is good :D

She has also had one of her presents from the kids too, which she has been chewing to bits :D

The kids have been invited out on a play date at 10:30 so we are going to go for an hour, I had said I would see how bailey is but I think it will allow her to get some rest whilst the kids are out of the house :D

She hasn't been that interested in her wound, it's had a few licks but nothing obessive so I'm happy with that :D

Thanks everyone :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.