Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an acquaintance who is looking for a Toller pup. They're interested in Fallowfen and she's asked me if I know anything about them. I said I don't, but I know some people (LF!!!) who might!

Any PMs gratefully received.

Also, any recommendations of other breeders?

It is their intention to show the pup first and foremost, but possibly work it as well.

I know nothing of the breed, so not sure if there's the same show/work divide that there is in labs.

They're prepared to wait for the right pup and also to travel anywhere in the UK.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You could google "Decoymans" they breed Tollers and live near too me - I think their website is quite out of date but I think I remember someone on here being friends with them and puppy sitting once. I think they work them and the wife does agility aswell !

Good Luck - I think they are lovely dogs ! :D

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Fallowfen peolpe are lovely, what they don't know about dogs isn't worth knowing.I would put my trust in them 110%.
As you know, I have a horror of buying in a dog, due to unscrupulous breeding practises.
This one kennel that I would buy from.
Sherry

G

·
I know the decoymans breeder (well there are 2, they're breeding partners and i know one of them)... i can give you her details if your interested and also my friend has a decoymans toller and works there!! They are fab dogs, she was at crufts with her toller this year, he's a good all round dog... keen to work and does very well in the show ring :)

If i can be of any help then let me know :)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh great, thanks Lacey. I'll pass that on too.

Knew LF people would be in the know! :D

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
They do make good agility dogs but I think they also suffer hereditary eye problems. Is it entropian where the eyelid turns inwards? I knew someone who had that problem with both her tollers but I can't remember the affix.

·
Administrator
21,783 Posts
They do make good agility dogs but I think they also suffer hereditary eye problems. Is it entropian where the eyelid turns inwards? I knew someone who had that problem with both her tollers but I can't remember the affix.
They have also recently started to develop GPRA. We have a dog blind from that who's owner attends my eye testing. They also have Collie Eye Anomaly, and have an Optigen DNA test for both.

Regards, John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts