Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this might be a silly question but i was wondering if i could try and change what winston thinks... i think it might be inpossible but thought i would see what LF thought!

Winston is very good when he goes to the toliet for a Number 2!! But With his Number 1s hes not fussed where we will do them!!
Now when out on walks, i try not to let Winnie last that long with his wee so that i can always find some grass for him to go on a praise him when he does but sometimes he doesnt want to hold it! (dont blame him if hes really needs to go) but i just thought without sounding cruel! If there was a why... i could stop him wee on the path! Im also worried some child would fall over and land in his wee wee!!

But i dont feel i could drag Winnie off if he started weeing!!

Sorry for the post but i wondered if anyone else has come across this!

Thanks

G

·
Don't let him sniff as he is going along, as this is what usually prompts the peeing. If you can, ask him to pee before you leave home, then you won't feel mean about making him hold it. You'll probably find what he is doing is Marking, rather than going because he is desperate, so if you cut out the sniffing, he won't know where he has to Mark. :wink:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh i see!! Thats a good point!
Thank you! Ill try that and i thought maybe have a some treat in my hand... so he has some else to think about!! Im normally not even a min away from a bit of grass so i reckon he must just be marking! Getting to that age now!! :D
Thanks

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I'm having the same issue with nellie noo, she'll just squat and go mid pace, in contrast basil will shoot me the 'im desparate look' and will go in a roadside drain if asked :lol:

She knows her toilet word and i do get her to go at home/as soon as we arrive on grass.....but it doesn't stop her needing to go again :roll:

Basil wasn't a big pee-er as a young dog just 3 or 4 times a day, nellie drinks for england and pees all the time :lol: I'm hoping when the whether cools it'll get a little better.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ive just taken him out for toliet business again but without getting to the grass... he didnt even sniff just tried to go so i let him but some people gave me a 8O :roll: look! xx

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Have you tried getting him to go at home before a walk? It might just help set the new pattern.
Otherwise do you have any grass nearer you could use?

The only other thing i can suggest if the looks bother you is to carry a little water bottle - useful for swilling accidents and for drinks in the hot weather, though in reality one rain pour and it will be gone anyway.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well he noraml does go at home... but this week hes at work with me and i have to leave the office door and walk 50 yards to get to the green!

But im lucky he hasnt done it in the office!! :D

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Oh I see, I suppose 50 yards is a long way if he's busting bless him.

What about just popping him in the gutter or to one side and using your toilet word? If there is no grass I'd just pick a suitable spot, the principle of him going when you ask is there even if the grass isn't :)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah or ill take a bottle of Water with me! :D
He noramlly goes to work with OH but hes left us and gone on hoildasy with his friends!! :(

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
8O I just saw on the other thread that your OH is a decorater, how does he juggle black dog hair and white paint? :lol:

Hope Winston is enjoying his 'work experience' with you this week :wink:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: :lol:
Winnie comes home about once a week with a bit of gloss on him!! Hes good now hes trained but to begin with OH was re painting bits! :lol:
But all of OH customers love the fact Winston is a Painter! :lol: But most of the time hes only at work for 3 hours! as OH is base round home so he can go and let me out as often as he needs to!! :D :D
But Winston loves the office!! looking in bins saying hello to everyone!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Aww Winston must be a good boy to not help with the painting :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts