Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another good day for everyone today, there was a good mix of abilities and some new faces which is always nice. Regular dogs are improving nicely and now achieving some good retrieves. We hope everyone enjoyed their day and will come back again.

My highlight of the day was getting Sampson to retrieve across the water ont the opposite side and return 1st time no problem at all 2nd time we he decided he would far rather hunt in the opposite dirction but thats how it goes . Oh and the EYE WIPE on one of the trainers lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didnt get any pictures Im afraid but I know others got some.

The next day is of course the 6th September with the training, fun tests and BBQ please pm if you would like to come, if you would like to Camp at Scotchcoulthard, and with the number of people coming with you. Its going to be a good day.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You couldn't wait to stick the knife in could you :lol: :lol: . We had a great day and learnt loads, everyone was very friendly and helpful and the food was lovely, and what a beautiful place for a wedding. Holly has been flat out since we got home, hopefully got some great pics will try and get them on later as I'm acting as unpaid taxi driver for daughter :) .

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to class it as being very proud of my horse on the one and only time it will happen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve Shady Eye wiped Steve

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear did I say that out loud 8O

Keith

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
We had a good day, thank you Keith and Steve for having patience with Indy even though she blatantly ripped the utter P out of me on the final retrieve!!

Thank you also for teaching me how to use a slip lead on her, I'm astounded at the difference in her walking. Off to buy a slip lead for her tomorrow, no more exercise today as she's flat out and has only stirred for her dinner (I'm amazed she fitted it in after all that horse poo she managed to shovel in :lol: )

Looking forward to coming back in September, PM on its way Lorraine :)

Oh and Carole.... PICS!!!!!!!!!!! No excuses about being a taxi or some other rubbish... :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Sounds like a good time was had by all, please tell me, what exactly is an "Eye Wipe", is it something to do with getting a retrieve before the dog that should have?, think I`ve asked this before but can`t remember the answer :)

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mary an eye wipe is when a dog is sent and fails to find or get the retrieve then another dog is sent and retrieves it, the second dog eye wiped the first.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Proud of the little ones first game retreive :D

No pics to post, however in GMTV style here is a library pic of an incident from today :wink:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes well erm ok erm, at least I now have a shoe unlike any other lol, he was very pleased with himself lol

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Enjoyed today a lot - despite our weird weather (warm and sunny with rain :roll: ) Both Brian and I weren't at our best this morning as you know but the fresh air helped enormously. :D Thanks Lorraine, Steve and Keith for arranging everything, its much appreciated.

Max was a lot calmer today, he's getting used to the dogs now and doesn't seem to want to go bounding off playing quite so much as he used to. His heel work has been steadily improving for a few weeks now as even Steve the Task Master commented this morning. His retrieves are not as good as when he's on his own (naturally :roll: ) but he's more attentive - just wish he would stop spitting the dummy!!(typical man) when he brings it back. But as Steve pointed out - a lot has to do with us not doing it right, so must do better. :D

Great to meet Carol, Kendra and their partners for the first time and Holly even surprised them at how much she had improved during the day. Indy was a star........and her heelwork was really good too.

Thanks to Elizabeth and her hubby for making us so welcome and providing the lovely meal - especially as they were exceptionally busy at the hotel today.

As Lorraine said, it is good to see how the dogs are improving week in week out. I still cant get over how laid back Laika is every time we see her Sham, does nothing ruffle that dog???? :D :D

I have taken some pics and will persevere until I get them posted tonight. But as we all know, I am no David Bailey. :roll:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Because I've got the hang of it now.........these are from the last Otterburn Training Day. and yes, I know the date is wrong 8)
Lorraine and Sampson, Steve and Skye and David and Paddie

Brian and Max

Steve of the Jungle with Skye

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Pictures from today
Welcome to Otterburn Towers and Through the Arched Doorway we begin..........with the two Max's one brown one black

Sham and Laika with Lorraine and Sampson.....watching the long grass retrieve intently.

Keith giving Brian some tips as Max does his long grass retrieve

Everyone just chatting before they 'step up to the plate' and Carol taking pictures (which I'm sure will be better than these.

We can still see you Brian!

SEE!!! I did get a full group shot.....but sorry can't see the banner. Wait a minute......Elizabeth and Logan are missing??

and another one...........but without Steve

·
Registered
888 Posts
More photo's from today I hope

The Gang 15/8/09

Indy and Holly look on

End of a good day
I will post some more soon

·
Registered
330 Posts
westmacott said:
Eye wipe, what is one of them, never heard of this expression :roll:

steve
Something we'll all have to get used too :lol: An excellent day today fantastic people in a fantastic setting great food and so much improvement in all of the dogs well done everyone. All you will need to do now is practice for the competition on the 6th :D

Keith

·
Registered
617 Posts
Great day, lovely weather (!), and a stunner of an eyewipe :p ! Thanks to everyone involved! :D

BossMax said:
I still cant get over how laid back Laika is every time we see her Sham, does nothing ruffle that dog???? :D :D
Yes - kids!! :oops: Just wait till I get the next one - sod's law it'll be completely wired, lol!

Laika had her stupid-head on today anyway and decided that p*ssing about in the water was better than bringing back the dummy! Ah well. Nothing like a dog to make you look a fool :lol: .

Can't wait till the 6th!

Sham

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Oh dear. My diet re-starts today...

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
Fab piccies-sorry I couldn't make it' kids who'd have em!!!

Will be there for next one Lorraine, gives me more time to practice with the non retrieving Maj :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Indy is still knackered so I opted for a single short walk today. First time using the slip lead myself and she was brilliant. I only needed to "correct" her around 6-8 times initially, she was rewarded with a 10 minute off lead hooly and chase the tennis ball. This time I had no problems getting her back and the best thing is that she tolerates having the slip lead put on, when she doesn't like something she will shy away from it or bark.
As we were walking home, the lead was completely slack and the loop floppy around her neck because she was walking right beside me and needed no correction at all 8O

In all, money well spent! Thank you again Steve and Keith :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts