Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

how do i start this erm ok november of last year we lost our choccy lab tessa to cancer she was 6yrs...now we also have a king charles (male neutered) and our other lab brandy (female) for the past month i have been wanting to buy another lab of any colour at first but now i have decided i would like to go for another choccy as i so miss my tessa she was my first lab infact i didnt even know they came in that colour till i met her and her mum...
anyway my problem is my hubby says he does not want another dog but when i point out lab adverts he tells me to phone them and see so far i have contacted 2 ppl but i have been to late and the females have already been sold or reserved....
then the following week its like no he doesnt want another lab so should i leave looking for another lab or go ahead with it and just buy one??? or am i just being selfish in wanting another lab when i already have brandy ?? its confusing,... i know i miss tessa loads and there just seems to be a big space were she should be and before anyone says it..lol..i know another lab cannot replace her :)

just a bit of advice would be good thank you

clair xxxxx

·
Registered
147 Posts
dear clair i lost my yellow x lab six years tomorrow and we had her sister as well but bonnie was lost with out goldie so the family decided we would get a chocy lab for bonnie well we got rosie the love of my life but buy this time bonnie could not keep up with rosie so we thought about another lab could not face having a yellow so had a black lab called liberty bonnie used to watch them play and was quite content then we lost bonnie september2002 and then i felt that i could face having a yellow lab so i took a trip to my breeder to ask about a pup she was not going to breed yellow that year but had a yellow bitch just a year old and it was love at first sight her name is kerrie so after all that i say yes get another chocy lab if you feal the time is right my hubby also said no more labs when i went to see about a yellow lab but still loved kerrie when i bought her home yours sue

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Clair,I feel exactly the same as you,I would love a choccy lab,one day i want a bitch the next a dog.I have never had a bitch always dogs except for judy a little golden lab when i was young,anyway my hubby who works away says one thing one day another the next.I think he feels i would not be able to cope with 2 as Dylan has had some problems ,but since having his elbow (he has bilateral elbow dysplasia) operated on he is improving every day,and as the surgeon said she does not want to put him through the second op for quite some time,which is good news as trying to keep a 15month lab quiet is practically impossible, and he still has a few days of only lead walking ahead of him.Anyway, i have been looking for some pups and feel the same as you, that when he comes home one week-end there will be another labby here. but it has to be a joint descision and i dont want to do that as we have always picked our dogs to-gether.So it looks like we will both have to take a deep breath and be patient,keep me posted though.Lynne.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts