Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey has a lovely smooth glossy coat but Bonnie's coat compared to Baileys looks a bit shabby :(

I love seeing all your lovely black labs with shiny, glossy coats and really want to improve Bonnies too :D

We have been brushing her through daily which is a start.....and we are moving her over onto skinners like Bailey

I give Bailey a tin of sardines about once a week on her food....I did put some on Bonnies food but she didn't seem that impressed with it

Is there anything else I can give her? Any 'super' treats or alternatives to sardines?

She has a few slightly balder patches, like on her knees which I have been told is to do with having the pups (my own hair did fall out in parts after having my babies too.....blimming hormones :roll: )

I'm determind to have her looking even more beautiful than she is now.....and she is darn gorgeous now :D

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Luna's salmon food keeps her coat gorgeous so fishy salmon treats might help!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
_anita_ said:
Rueben has skinners duck and rice and has tuna (in olive oil) once a week and he has a lovely shiny coat!
That is what Bailey now has, and I am moving Bonnie onto it too......I think she had mainly tinned food at the dogs home as she was not impressed with the dry at first but I am slowly reducing the tins

Her teeth are beginning to look cleaner too from having dry food :D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I have been giving Molly Evening primrose oil to help stabilise her hormones. I have also been giving her zinc which could be helping (Im not sure entirely if it is or not!)

Omega 3 will help the coat.

I have never fed a dog on skinners so I have no idea of its quality so I cannot comment on the food but all of mine are on James Wellbeloved and my lot have always been fit, sleek and shiny.

I hope you get ther looking tip top before long (Im sure you will)

The grooming will help reduce any dullness she has.

A long while ago I was advised to give my dogs a bit of flora margarine (about a teaspoon every day).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts