Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the sad news about Douglas I went to meet the Shetlands who were keeping Arran company, and this little guy immediately stood out.

The one looking straight at the camera

I've called him Timothy or Little Timmy and it looks like he will be joining Arran as a permanent companion. He is over a year and won't get any bigger.

Here he is next to Arran to show size difference

And eating a digestive

He is already getting used to Cadbury. Arran recognised Cadbury as soon as he saw him and came over, put his head down and Cadbury licked his face and gave his ears a clean.

Aw. We are seriously daft round these parts!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Stoopid me I didn`t realise there were Shetland sheep!, when you mentioned that on Douglas` thread I thought you meant a pony :oops:

Timothy is lovely, looks like he`s settling in well too what with eating digestive biscuits :lol:

?

·
0 Posts
Awwww He's a sweetie :D .

I ride past some Soay sheep occasionally and he reminds me of them, minus the horns. :D

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Must admit when bruv said 'Shetlands' my mind went straight to ponies too. :lol:

He is a sweetie and yes he loves his digestives and he may look small but he doesn't mind headbutting Arran if he gets in the way.

Jules, they are a primitive type sheep like the Soays, they do have little horns, but they are just stubs. I'm not sure if they will get any bigger. Unlike most modern sheep they do not need shearing, they moult their coat, Timmy has just finished his moult and I think he looks gorgeous.

I love his Bambi legs :D

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Oh what a cutie :)

I took my nephew to a farm today and had a lovely time feeding the poultry, goats and pigs, he was none too impressed (at 16 mnths!)

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aw! Unimpressed at 16 months! :lol:

Well Timothy is certainly entertaining, especially when he escapes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts