Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I thought it was time to stop lurking, and to start posting and say 'hello'. I think I may have just worked out how to add photos - although they're rather large......

I have 2 black labs - Ben and Lotti. Ben is 6 yrs, he came to us at 1yr from a rescue centre, and is a very loving & happy boy - although he clearly had had a hard first year (we don't know the history, just guess from his condition when we met him), and last year he was diagnosed with elbow dyplacia which was treated through operations but sadly one leg had to be amputated. So he's now tripawd but adapted incredibly well and with exercise and hydro is match fit and living life to the full :) He's full of character, intelligent, and loves nothing more than a big cuddle.

Lotti is 11.5wks and joined us at the beginning of the month. She's an adorable, very happy and sweet little girl. Lotti and Ben are getting closer each day, as they learn to trust and enjoy each other's company.

So that's us. Just wanted to say 'hello' :)

Ruby

G

·
Hi and welcome to LF!!

I loved the 'tripawd' comment!

Love your first photo by the way, beautiful!!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your greetings and comments :) Ben is indeed v brave - incredible dog, he can still have his occassional mad 'puppy' 5mins running around the garden in every decreasing circles, he swims like an otter, and given half the chance will pull like a husky on a lead (although he's learning to walk nicely - turns out you can teach an old dog new tricks :) ). Amazing how dogs adapt. Are there any other tripawd's on this forum?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
A big helloo to your beautiful dogs...they both look gorgeous and they are so the best colour... :wink:

i sooo want a puppy!,,,<sigh>

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hi and welcome to you all.
Ben is gorgeous (the 2nd tripawd black lab I've seen in a week.The one I met before had lost his front leg due to a botch up by a vet after he'd cut himself badly on a broken bottle :evil: :evil: )
Lotti is very cute and I love her name... :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to lots more photos.
Barbara

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi Ruby and welcome to LF, Ben and Lotti are both simply gorgeous and what a wonderful boy Ben is for adapting to being a "Tripawd" :D , well done for giving him his forever home and sticking by him when he really needed you, he looks the picture of health and obviously enjoys his life as much as a labbie with all 4 legs :D

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Hello Ruby, nice to have you and Ben and Lotti onboard. What beautiful dogs you have.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Hello & welcome to LF!!

Ben's a handsome fella; I don't know of any other tripawed Labs on LF, so a first for me at least.

My two have both lost the use of their brains, if that counts as a disability : :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
Welcome Welcome!!! Good to see you de-lurking! What a handsome handsome pair you have there and my heart just breaks for Ben. Glad to see it doesn't hold him back :)

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Hi and welcome, what lovely looking dogs you have, and bless Ben, its amazing how dogs can cope with a disability like he has. and your little girl is beautiful :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts