Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello evreyone and a Happy New Year to you all . This is my first post although I`ve been viewing the forums for quite a while.
I thought it was about time to introduce Lottie to you .
She is 17 months old , still very much a pup , very mischeivous , petite (around 27 kilos ) extremely loyal and loving and a real daddies girl .
I never really wanted a dog , but under pressure from my wife , her friends and my daughter in law , I finally cracked and we got Lottie as a 7 week old bundle of energy and all the problems and waste matter that small dogs are known for .
It didn`t take long for me to bond to my new pup though , and once the inocculations were done and we could get out into the fields for a couple of hours each day the benefits of owning a lively dog really showed themselves.
Fresh air and exercise has got to be good for a man of 50+ plus I have the responsibility of caring for the physical and mental well-being of my dog .
I see too many dogs around my area that only see life through a window or through a garden fence , never exercised properly and going stir crazy and barking resentfully ( it seems to me ) at other dogs whose owners spare the time to walk them and integrate them into their busy lives.
Lottie has the best care we can give her . She runs every day rain or shine and swims regularly , and she has friends in a small dog owning fraternity who play with her and make her life all the more enjoyable.
I didn`t want a dog but after bowing to pressure I`ve got one and my life
is all the better for it , I wish I`d had one years ago

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Awww. welcome :)

So glad you bonded with your girl after not really wanting a dog in the first place, and good that you are honest about it too ;)

I think dogs certainly enrich our lives, and can give a sense of purpose - of course it is not all plain sailing, but I always find with dogs, the more time passes, the easier things become.

Shame the same cannot be said for children :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
hello ,, welcome to LF,, Lottie looks gorgeous,,lovely photos, :D , so glad you bowed under pressure ,,lol,, she will bring you so much joy :D ,, Indie will be 2 in a few days , and she is still a tear away 8O ,, wouldnt change her for the world tho ,, look forward to hearing more about Lottie and more piccies please, :D

·
Registered
908 Posts
How long untill lab number two comes along LOL!!! Only kidding (they are addictive though!!) Im glad yo gave in and got her and it sounds as if you are giving her a very good life. She is GORGEOUS btw!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very pretty. Oh sorry WELCOME btw!!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
What a pretty girl Lottie is, great how you're enjoying being a dog owner after giving into gentle female persuassion :lol: :lol:. Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Hi, and welcome! lottie is gorgeous! And I know what you mean about them transforming your life! Lucy has certainly done that with us, and I couldn't imagine my world without her! :D Look forward to some more piccies!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts