Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after another night where Lilly got me up and then wouldn't let me go to sleep, I have come to the conclusion she is missing her Zippy bed in the crate. I'm not going to put the Zippy bed back in there after she chewed the cushion so was thinking about a perla plastic bed.

Lilly has always liked to rest her head on the side of her Zippy and actually let me sleep through the night. The past 2 nights that she hasn't had the zippy she has woken me to go pee which I've gone and taken her out for but she then continues to bark the house down until I get up and sleep on the sofa :(.

Lilly has a 42" crate, so what size perla bed would I need for her?

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
If you're going to [email protected] they should have some crates set up, just ask them to try the perla beds in the 42" crate until you find the best fit.

Coco has a Perla bed but out of the crate, inside it she has a soft dog bed that is a bit thin and three pieces of vetbed, occasionally a dog blanket and maybe even one of her towels too. She often humps them at tea time so I end up having to re-make her bed most nights :roll:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't have crates set up in the local [email protected] as it's quite small :( I'm gunna see how Lilly goes over the next few nights. I'm hoping she will sleep the night tonight cause I'm exhausted :(

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
The issue might be getting the perla in the crate!?
Maybe look at getting some old pillows or cheap pillows so she can prop herself up on them or try cardboard round the outside edge of the crate as it could be drafty

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
_Sam_ said:
The issue might be getting the perla in the crate!?
Maybe look at getting some old pillows or cheap pillows so she can prop herself up on them or try cardboard round the outside edge of the crate as it could be drafty
Lilly has a crate cover over pretty much all of her crate which attaches to the base of the crate so that drafts should be limited. I don't trust Lilly with cardboard she already tries to eat it when it's not in the crate! Plus after she just destroyed her Zippy base cushion a few nights ago I'm reluctant to add cushions or pillows in there. Looks like she may be stuck with Vet bed in there!

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Mine have only ever had 1 piece of vet bed in their crates. I would think it is pretty hard to chew through a piece of that !

Their zippy beds were only for daytime use as pups so I could supervise and night time when they were decrated.

I would just use vet bed and if she starts to look like chewing it spray some bitter apple on it, that should put her off!

Chloe

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks yeah I've given up on the idea of a perla bed, right now her attention seeking barking is the issue. I have gone down when she barks let her out to the garden on her lead and then put her back in crate but she is barking all night for attention at the moment so I'm having to try and ignore her and hope its a phase she gets out of, because it's driving us insane. When she was littler we never had the trouble we are having now with her barking at night its gone crazy!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rubyrubyruby said:
Unfortunately she is getting to the age where she is becoming more confident and independent, and, in my experience, when their halo starts to fall off !!! Sorry !

Chloe
As long as she lets us sleep I'm not overly bothered, especially as my dad has to work in an operating theatre all day he kinda needs his sleep. So we need to sort out her night time barking ASAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts