Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies in advance, this is a little boring 馃槈 I've been reading past threads on vacuum cleaners that can cope with lab hair and as our Jas will be 16 weeks old on Monday and her lovely coat is thickening up, thought I would just ask for the latest opinions on Dyson v Miele before we throw money at a new vac. We've had both in the past and have no strong preference for either!
Many thanks

Administrator
I have a Dyson, and it's quite good, but these days the recommendation from people seems to the the Shark.

Premium Member
I broke my shark, too much dog (and human) hair for it to cope with. If I get it repaired I will still use my little henry pet hair hoover first, the shark gets more grime out than the henry, but the henry definitely copes better with hair. Also, if you do get a shark get a corded lift away one, they are heavy but the best ones for pet hair. The only other downside with them is the dust caddy is pretty small, so with my five dogs I ended up emptying it continually.

Registered
I have the Shark Liftaway and would recommend it. Had mine for nearly 2 years now without any problems. It's also very easy to maintain.

Reactions: Mrs H.A

Registered
Hi there,
I鈥檝e recently bought a corded shark, it鈥檚 very good but very heavy compared to the cordless dyson. I鈥檝e kept the dyson for under the table and if I need to do a quick vac. The shark comes out when I mean business 馃槀馃槀.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there,
I鈥檝e recently bought a corded shark, it鈥檚 very good but very heavy compared to the cordless dyson. I鈥檝e kept the dyson for under the table and if I need to do a quick vac. The shark comes out when I mean business 馃槀馃槀.
Thanks everyone, it's looking like we'll invest in a shark for heavy duty hair busting and keep the slightly tired Dyson for the " quick, but don't look too closely " moments 馃槃

Administrator
It's never a bad idea to have two. I have my new(ish) Dyson down stairs and my old Dyson up stairs. It lives in the spare bedroom and saves me having to carry one up and down stairs.

Premium Member
It's never a bad idea to have two. I have my new(ish) Dyson down stairs and my old Dyson up stairs. It lives in the spare bedroom and saves me having to carry one up and down stairs.
Same here.

Reactions: Mrs H.A

Registered
I'm not a fan of Sharks.

I have been using an old upright Dyson DC01 for over 20 years and it was fantastic at sucking up our late GSD x Rough Collie, Taz's hairs as he was a heavy moulter. It was brilliant, had extra storage in its cylinder but was heavy to lug up the stairs and sadly the plastic parts became so brittle so we bought a new upright Dyson Animal Rollerball, which is lighter. The Dyson Animal Rollerball is easier to manoeuvre but its storage cylinder requires to be emptied more often or otherwise it gets clogged up. I also have a smaller cordless upright Animal Dyson for a quick vacuum.

My Dad has the Miele cylinder, which is suitable for picking up animal hairs but is heavy.

I would go for those with cords as essential.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts