Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor old Rueben! He had such a good time yesterday at our neighbours BBQ, playing with his little mate Figaro. This morning though I could hear his tummy churning and off he went and was sick in the garden, it contained mostly a tissue 8O bile and a bit of sweetcorn and carrot! (Sorry too much info!!)

Anyway, I waited a while then gave him some kibble (just a little bit) but he's brought that up too. He's drinking ok and is alert when he's awake although he does seem to be sleeping more than unsual today.

It always seems to be me asking these questions :oops: Do I have the naughtiest dog here? Should I starve him until later today and then try him with a little bit of tea? Does this sound like a bug or is it more likely he's eaten something yesterday that didn't agree with him?

I don't know! These dogs do like to make life interesting don't they?!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Toby is sick quite often! He is the only fussy Lab in the world i think!

I usually leave it about 8 hours untill after he has been sick, with only boiled, cooled water. Then I feed him a meal in small portions with a few minutes inbetween each one to check he is keeping it down.

Hope your baby gets better soon xx

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Sounds like Reuben had a busy day yesterday.

I would guess he's just really tired and needs a sleepy day. Also he probably scavenged more than you thought and his tummies still pretty full. I bet people were dropping bits of food and he was hoovering up .

Bless him, I'm sure he'll feel better tomorrow.

Yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would guess he's just really tired and needs a sleepy day. Also he probably scavenged more than you thought and his tummies still full. I bet people were dropping bits of food and he was hoovering up .
He did have a busy day actually! He was on the go almost the whole time we were there and yes, he was hoovering! In fact his nose seemed to be almost constantly on the ground!

I can symapthise with him today. Not feeling too zippy myself today but mine is self inflicted :oops:

Damn that Rose wine!! Nice snooze for both of us this afternoon I think!!

Anita & Rueben
xXx

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Sometimes we don't realise how tired they can be. Even at two Rufus still has days when he needs to just sleep if we've been out all day the day before.

Yvonne

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
A mixture of tiredness and overeating I think, no doubt people snuck him food as well as that he picked up for himself, I`d let him (and you :lol: ) sleep for the rest of the day and give him a very reduced size tea, see if that stays down and maybe give him a little more for brekkie in the morning :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts