Labradors Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed him about an hour ago in pure olive oil and aloe vera soap. His skin is noticeably worse (Red )

Do you think i should wash him again in the hyperallenic shampoo i got from the vet, that i usually wash him in?

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Have you checked he's not suffereing from harvest mites? Look between his tooties and if you can see tiny orange/red specs like bites he could be. If so a spray of frontline on his feet once a week will get rid. I only say this as Blue/Coco have both had major skin problems recently and my vet said a lot of it stems from an allergic reaction to these bleddy bites.

·
Premium Member
9,081 Posts
Yes I think I would wash again.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Think I would just use lukewarm water on him to see if that helped first. Just a thought have you tried piriton? Dylan was very very itchy and am now giving him half a piriton tablet a day and the itching has improved dramatically. Also got him on sardines or mackeral or pilchards twice a week.

I did talk to my vet about allergy testing - have you had that done? My vet wants £650 to do it!!! But it seems that different vets have different prices.

Good luck anyway and I hope things get sorted for you soon.

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Poor Sultan - I'd re-wash if it looks sore with the shampoo and then with lots of water. Hope his skin improves!

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can i use priton long term. ie until november, which is when the rains comeand it really cools down.

I am sure it a heat rash. Every summer Gixer RIP. Suffered so badly with the same thing

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Oh poor Sultan, he does seem to suffer!!!

Hope you get him sorted quickly JUlie

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bathed hm again in the soap that i got from the health shop. Olive oil, and tea tree.

It does/nt look any better. But he is not so ichty.

G

·
Have look at the ingredients in the shampoo Julie.

A lot of shampoos have Sodium Lauryl Sulphates in (it's what makes them foam) and this can cause skin irritations in sensitive dogs. I know I can't bath my Pood in anything with that in, as she scratches and scratches and gets flakey skin if I do, even if I do rinse it off thoroughly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts