Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To prove to people that they aren't just for carrying around all day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7C5WNF1Eb4

I really fancy having a little Chihuahua for agility. I watched the model Caprice with her Chihuahua on Sport relief last night. The poor thing wasn't really happy about being there until it got to do agility. Suddenly it was being a real dog and you could see how happy it was!

I think I would call it Cerberus :wink:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, lol, I don't think I could have one while I have clumsy Cadbury! He stands on Merlin often enough, I think he would be a liability around a Chihuahua :lol:

?

·
0 Posts
I know a lady with GSDs and a Chihuahua...Believe me the GSDs know exactly who's Boss and it ain't them. They are very careful not to squish it and they definitely wouldn't be even thinking about eating it either :lol: .

I love Chis. We have two at our Agility Club and they do really well. They do have a bit of trouble getting the seesaw to go down though, as they aren't quite heavy enough. :lol:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'd probably loose a chihuahua, my hairdresser once got to another ladies house and lifted her bag out of the boot to find the previous clients chihuahua sat there. She drove back with it to find the lady had gone out in search of her dog thinking it had got out the door. They were eventually reunited. She always has a good look in her bags now in case he tries to stow away again. Apparently he often hitches a ride in his owners shopping bag, especially if it's cold or raining.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that would be a surprise to find in your handbag!

They are very careful not to squish it and they definitely wouldn't be even thinking about eating it either
You've reminded me of a story my dad tells of the Siamese cat he had as a boy (60s). It was a girl cat but tough as nails, took on all the neighbourhood dogs. Then one day it ATE the next door neighbour's Chihuahua. My dad and his parents came home to find all that was left was the poor dog's head. It was not easy explaining the cat had consumed someone's dog 8O

?

·
0 Posts
8O

Ah, yes but cats are a whole other issue :wink: .

That reminds me of my Monty, who would chase the man and his EBT down the street so often, in the end the guy took to walking his dog a different way, just to avoid Monty terrifying them both. And Mac, the three legged wonder, he wouldn't let the neighbour's dog in it's own back garden (so the neighbour came to inform me one day). The dog was a 16 stone English Mastiff and could have swallowed Mac without him even touching the sides. 8O :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, and then there is the white terror down our street called Mogli who freaked both of mine out when we came back from our walk and then sat between us and the house so we couldn't go home :cry:

?

·
0 Posts
Yep, and then there is the white terror down our street called Mogli who freaked both of mine out when we came back from our walk and then sat between us and the house so we couldn't go home :cry:
Little sods, full of Catittude, eh. :lol:

?

·
0 Posts
Brilliant little dog. Thanks for putting that up, Catherine :D .

I've seen Richard Curtis work his one a few time and that is brilliant too. They are such clever little dogs and that's probably why so many go a bit "wrong". Like all clever breeds, you need to use their brain, else they make their own entertainment. :wink:

Well done Finlay too. Handsome lad :D .

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Cathtor said:
Oh and I'd just like to add that the Black Lab on all the Sports Relief dog stuff is Finlay :D
You kept that quiet! How far did you get?

Someone at my agility club auditioned but wasn't selected. We all got the email advertising it but I didn't think it was really Coco's thing - she would have been the comedy element.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry - didn't make clear! He isn't in the actual competition, he's the black lab on all the marketing and press info. He went for a photo shoot earlier this year and he's on all the promotional stuff!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts