Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take any credit for these photos, I charged up two sets of batteries but the SLR said no! So these are a few photos taken by someone else, on a walk at Bestwood Country Park.

:)

For once, I think Zasa outdoes Rhuna in the photogenic stakes on that last shot.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Lovely pics. The more I see your flat coat the more smitten I'm getting with the breed. Does she need lots more grooming and does she shed as much as a lab? Love the labbie pics as well of coarse.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elsarivka said:
Lovely pics. The more I see your flat coat the more smitten I'm getting with the breed. Does she need lots more grooming and does she shed as much as a lab? Love the labbie pics as well of coarse.
Yes they do need a little bit more grooming, Rhuna's coat would need stripping out more thoroughly if I was showing her, and they need a bit of tidying up and trimming, but as I'm working her at the moment, I don't want to strip out coat which provides some protection. So for now, she's remaining tufty. They don't shed quite as much, but what they do shed is longer and more noticeable than if I only had the one chocolate lump.

They are beautiful characters, obviously similar to Labs in some respects with them being a related retrieving breed, but they are definitely a bit more quirky, spend a fair amount of time upside down making bizarre noises, and can be very licky. Rhuna is dual purpose bred, her dam was imported from the States but the lines go back to some older working lines in the UK, and her sire is the litter brother to one of the top field trialling flatcoats in the UK, he's worked himself and has been competed with but not to the same level. If you're at Crufts on Gundog day next Spring, I should be there with Rhuna in the gamekeeper's ring, you'd be welcome to come and meet her :)

Loopy_Lou said:
Gorgeous piccies - that is one mighty impressive tongue Rhuna :D
Yep, they are particularly licky, and have the appropriate equipment :wink:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Some wonderful shots there. Must be nice to have friends with dogs....I only have one and her GSP is quite ancient now and the JRT a nutter :( so we walk alone ..but actually I quite like it that way.

You should frame some of those shots...very, very nice :D

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Lovely pictures. We too hardly ever see anyone on a walk. Cass only has a couple of best buddies and when they meet up all hell breaks loose! It seems most dog owners up here have gone into hibernation but then, they really didn't seem to come out when it was the Summer, that or they all must just walk around the streets instead of in the forest or fields.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts