Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... Like Jill we now have a couple of runs in trials confirmed. I was so relieved as Mallie's first seemed to be 8th October, so giving us a couple of FT training days first simply because we don't pick up till the 24th October and so without them she wouldn't of had a bird in her mouth since last January before running in them!

I offered to help at one we were number 23 on this coming Monday and now been told to pop her in the car as we are second reserve! I am really suprised. This time of year to get through ten dogs already thats most of the originals dropped out... quite amazing! But there we go, looks like Mallies first bird of the season will be a Partridge and in a walked up trial. Happy days (not!). ;-)

Allan has his first run through too with Jade on 6th October. Walked up. So what with it being Fish's first working test this Sunday its spinning him out rather ;-)

Still its all we train for week in week out through the rest of the year so I suppose really rather than shaking in our shoes we should be happy as Larry.... well maybe... ;-)

Di

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Di you may have noticed my slightly low profile at the moment. 8O

I am busy chanting "Just pretend its a Training Day", "Just pretend its a Training Day" as I sway too and fro quietly in a corner :oops: 8O .

Good luck with all, Mallie, Jade and Fish.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Me also Jill. I was on the point of withdrawing! Now stomping round the house huffing and puffing uttering 180 miles is a long way to drive : to be put out on first dog down!! :cry: :oops: :cry:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Oooo good luck everyone.....

Looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you all.

Trace and the gang xx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good luck everyone, wishing you all lots of success along the way and enjoyful days.

I cant understad how your feeling as I am a newbie but hopefully will get a run in say the next millenium :D

Just reading your posts makes me nervous 8O

Have a fab day

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - its not that i will bore you with every run we get this year (hopefully many more to come!) but you can be sure if they go well I'll be gabbling ;-)

Take care all and enjoy your winter!
Di

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Errrmmm - I thought this was supposed to be a fun hobby 8O - sounds like it is a method of losing weight through fear, rather than fun, to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Although I badly need to lose weight, I have to confess the idea of mabe trialling, maybe, perhaps, one day - is now looking less appealing if it is this scary!! :roll:

Good luck ladies, have a wonderful day out, and I hope all goes well for you all! :lol:

Katy

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It can be scarey katy, but you are a laid back sort and will breeze through when you take the plunge! ;-)

Its just getting the first one out the way and nothing terrible, awful or shameful happening, then, like the last couple of years, I'll chill with it a bit after that... ;-) Just could have done with a training day first. Its not so much they might forget what a bird IS, more they might forget that they need to remember there is such a thing as a stop whistle still ;-)

Di

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You can take Hammy instead if you like, she'll entertain you and get rid of your nerves!!! At least she knows what a stop whistle is anyway!!! :wink: (I just dont use it very often!!!)

?

·
0 Posts
Best of luck to all of you :D :D :D .

I don't know how you keep control of those nerves. I was a wreck before the Egg and Spoon race at school, let alone anything this high profile 8O :lol: .

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
darling Ruby, granny is very proud and asks you consider running instead, as you are one bird infront of Great Auntie Mallie at this exact date and time this year ;-)

Di

1 - 16 of 16 Posts