Labradors Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zorro bought me The Shooting Times for Xmas ( what a good dog ) and in it is a very good article about Contender (Natasha) Very good it is too, and I'm saving up to see if she'd let me book in for a training session with her one day, as it looks excellent.

Well worth a read. (And I didn't half show off to my house-guests as I was able to look all Khaki-Brigade-ish and say things like "Oh yes - Natasha...of course I know her...sort off! :lol: )

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Well done Zorro knowing just what you`d want for Christmas Becs! :wink: :lol: , I`ll have to see if i can hold of a copy now, I like to read about what our members do even though I don`t shoot/work dogs myself :)

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
Becs said:
Zorro bought me The Shooting Times for Xmas ( what a good dog ) and in it is a very good article about Contender (Natasha) Very good it is too, and I'm saving up to see if she'd let me book in for a training session with her one day, as it looks excellent.
Not yet read my ST (in fact I'm a couple of weeks behind :oops: ) but I am booked in with Natasha for a training day next month :p

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<<swoons>>>!!!! REALLY? Oh my life, Natasha! 8O I am so not worthy, but I shall aspire to be for all I'm worth! :lol:
<<goes back to polishing green hunter wellies and dreaming of the day when my old gundog and me hit the bigtime!>>

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
937 Posts
<<goes back to polishing green hunter wellies and dreaming of the day when my old gundog and me hit the bigtime!>>
Becs, don't give yourself away by polishing your wellies! The most you should do is hose the worst of the mud off. Not to get them clean - just to reduce the weight of mud that you're dragging round. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
What a good timing this topic was. :lol: I've thought to subscribe a magazine, but i don't know which of these: Shooting Gazette,Shooting Times,The Field or Sporting Shooter. What would you recommend? Which one contains the most articles of gundogs, training etc.? :)

·
Administrator
20,589 Posts
Personally I like Sporting Shooter and Shooting Times. But as I get ST passed to me I subscribe to Sporting Shooter and wait to be given Shooting Times and Field.

Regards, John

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
AllieM said:
What a good timing this topic was. :lol: I've thought to subscribe a magazine, but i don't know which of these: Shooting Gazette,Shooting Times,The Field or Sporting Shooter. What would you recommend? Which one contains the most articles of gundogs, training etc.? :)
Well I get all of them, and Sporting Gun and Countrymans Weekly as well.

The Gazette is my favourite, mainly for the quality of the pictures of some of the dogs featured on its front cover, and the 2008/09 Calendar, on sale 30th December :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

It is a good read though, and has some useful gundog stuff in from time to time, but it's not very hands on in terms of training articles.

The Sporting Shooter is n't bad from a gundog point of view, and gets better each month.

The ST is usually fairly dull (apart from the Natasha piece of course :wink: )

I do wonder if there's now a market for a monthly magazine purely for gundogs.

Andrew

PS Becs, we don't wear Khaki, we're not in the Army!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts

Andrew

Their used to be called working Gundog it is now part of countrymans weekly :wink:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote="monkeyboy
Andrew
[/quote]

Now that would be good! With a section on 'fashion in the field' and maybe an inch or two of column space devoted to combining simple heelwork to music routines into a retrieve! Loving it - I'd subscibe!

Becs and The Gang

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Becs said:
[quote="monkeyboy
Andrew
Now that would be good! With a section on 'fashion in the field' and maybe an inch or two of column space devoted to combining simple heelwork to music routines into a retrieve! Loving it - I'd subscibe!

Becs and The Gang[/quote]

I just cannot get the vision of Andrew doing heelwork to music out of my head, sorry Andrew :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool thought Becs :p 8)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Becs,

You ought to move a bit more upmarket with your reading, take a look at The Shooting Gazette, or The Field, fashion already exists!!!! Though no doubt it would be somewhat improved by your hints and tips!!!! :lol: :lol:

Linda,

You know I would never be able to show my face in Maltby again!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Andrew

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
monkeyboy said:
Becs,

You ought to move a bit more upmarket with your reading, take a look at The Shooting Gazette, or The Field, fashion already exists!!!! Though no doubt it would be somewhat improved by your hints and tips!!!! :lol: :lol:

Linda,

You know I would never be able to show my face in Maltby again!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Andrew
Oh I know Andrew but what a sight it would be :lol: :lol: :lol: IF you do can you video it and post :D

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
monkeyboy said:
Well I get all of them, and Sporting Gun and Countrymans Weekly as well.

The Gazette is my favourite, mainly for the quality of the pictures of some of the dogs featured on its front cover, and the 2008/09 Calendar, on sale 30th December :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Which months & which dogs r going to be in this then Andrew?

H

1 - 18 of 18 Posts