Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided, out of the blue, to have a new addition to our family. Betty is 12,5 and slowing, Carys is 11,5. Betty is slowing down a lot and Carys has a history of the C word. We didn’t want Lulu to ever be an only dog.

So we will be welcoming “Out of the Blue of Tintagel Winds” at the beginning of September. I’ve just driven a 1000 mile round trip to take a look and select two that might be.......MR Right! A black, whose mum is a half sister to Betty.

It was wonderful, my first solo trip for years, but I did it! Spent a few hours chatting with an amazing lady, learnt a **** of a lot and met a whole bunch of incredible labradors, several of whom I could happily have smuggled home, not to mention 9 puppies!

Hopefully I can attach a video of turquoise and royal blue who might become Mr Right. Call name currently under discussion.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonderful! :eek: :) :D
It’s certainly worth expanding horizons and travelling. Thankfully the roads in France are brilliant. 500 miles each way, nearly all motorway.

I spent a fabulous few hours chatting with Felicity and learnt a lot about DNA testing, got to meet her boys and girls..just my perfect type, probably not necessarily yours though. She has several Charlie offspring born by AI from frozen semen. A miracle in itself. One really fabulous boy from a litter born in January 2017 who never got sold but has grown into magnificent lad. Well out of my purse range though.

My very first boy, I’m so excited.

Reactions: Casodil

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
How exciting. I had to smile when I heard the other dogs being told to be quiet, so many of the videos taken in my house include me doing the same. You can never travel too far for the right puppy. Have you got a short list of names?

Reactions: Casodil

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Will you stop that noise!! Behave yourself!! are we on video?? - - I love that French Accent!! ❤ (To me, the real bit of pup vids is humans being themselves ❤ )
So pleased for You Nic 😀 As Lynda says have you got a short list of names??

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

Reactions: Maddie

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will you stop that noise!! Behave yourself!! are we on video?? - - I love that French Accent!! ❤ (To me, the real bit of pup vids is humans being themselves ❤ )
So pleased for You Nic 😀 As Lynda says have you got a short list of names??

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾
Actually it’s a very English accent, Felicity is British through and through despite living in France for donkeys years. Funny how it sounded French to you, maybe she does but I don’t notice. The dogs barking were the two Mummy dogs barking at the wood delivery man who was in their yard, so quite justified.

Names are still going round...we have Myson, Merlin, Junior, Max

·
Administrator
20,597 Posts
You have to listen very closely to pick up a little French accent in the voice. Actually I think her daughter sounds more French than her. :)

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
??? I've had an e-mail notification of another post to this thread ???
Not sure why it isn't showing on the forum!! ??

Hi Nic (hope you read this)
Love Blue ❤ and also love the name "Max" ❤

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

P.S. I'd already looked at pics of him on the Tintagel website 😀

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Royal Blue looks like he’s “the one”. I’d also picked turquoise but he’s mega active and I think would be too much for my older girls.

He won’t be called Blue, as we already have a Bluebird (Betty), we did think Merlin but at the moment he’s referred to as Junior.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exciting! Bet you can't wait to get him home.
I am very excited. I’ve found a lady locally who runs training classes...obedience, puppy socialization and ringcraft. She’s very excited too as she breed curly coated retrievers so is looking forward to discussing retrievers. She’s said we are welcome to join the puppy class as soon as he’s had his jabs rather than waiting for 4 months.

What I’m not looking forward to is the drive. Boy it’s long. When I got home last time I felt s if I’d been away for a week rather than just overnight. 1000 miles is a long drive.

Reactions: Margaret

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I certainly don't envy you the drive.
I will always remember driving home with our English Pointer pup many years ago. It was a 4hr journey, but hold ups turned it into 6. Bracken, howled, barked and screamed, with very short intervals of sleep all the way! I've never been so glad to get home!

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
❤ 😎 🎤

Well I will drive 500 miles
An' I will drive 500 more
Cus' "Out of the Blue at Tintagel Winds"
Is the little pup that I adore
Ta-da-da-da Ta-da-da-da - - - !!!!

Sorry Nic 🙄 couldn't resist this!!! 😂

Chel and Juice xx 🐾🐾

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Counting down the days now. There’s photos taken from today on the Friends or TW Facebook page. My little chap, or huge chap as he’s currently the biggest in the litter at 6,36k at 7 weeks, has a little cow lick or something that looks at bit like a cow lick on his schnozz.

Reactions: JohnW

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 21 Posts