Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took my trio of idiots to the seaside yesterday (Lily's first trip to the beach.)

It went well, and they loved charging about on the sand, exploring the rocks and swimming in amongst the waves. Lily went from refusing to walk through a 1 inch deep puddle (wuss :roll: ) to swimming about quite happily with the other two.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That looks fun - It's character building for them........Ours was in the sea today and yesterday and quite happy for it :)

Will definitely put my sensible hat on when wind & swell pick up again though................. Please be careful if it picks up again folks http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/video-dramatic-footage-of-woman-running-from-massive-wave-621845.html

The sea is very unpredictable at the moment.......I have been seeing tide lines shift inwards 100 or so feet in just a few seconds. Not a massive issue as depth was some 2 ft max....but could maybe unsettle a non swimmer newly introduced to water.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Absolutely cracking shots!

You can clearly see the pure joy on their faces and no matter the weather that's a heart warming sight

I'd echo the concern on wind and tides; same for some rivers at the moment

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah we were keeping an eye on the tide. The dogs mostly stuck to sheltered sort of rocky coves rather than open water. The rivers round here are particularly fast flowing so we don't let the dogs off. We have a family farm thats sits close to the river and we're all too aware of the damage it can do, as we're still recovering from the tidal floods and resulting insurance claim for machinery. :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah we were keeping an eye on the tide. The dogs mostly stuck to sheltered sort of rocky coves rather than open water. The rivers round here are particularly fast flowing so we don't let the dogs off. We have a family farm thats sits close to the river and we're all too aware of the damage it can do, as we're still recovering from the tidal floods and resulting insurance claim for machinery. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts