Labradors Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruby just did a mad bumtuck all the way down the garden, then ran headlong into the wooden fence.

Ouch!

She's ok - a bit stunned initially I think, but back to destroying the foliage again now. I'd like to think she's been taught a lesson about going mental in the garden, but I suspect not! In the meantime I'm going to keep an eye out for any bumps on her (presumably quite thick) head!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
:D :D :D

Elphie hasn't started this yet, but Skylar is an old pro... :D :D

They never learn do they. :) Hope Ruby has no bumps.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Indy went to start a bumtuck yesterday on the grass but turned too tightly and her front legs gave way, sending her on a chin skid. I couldn't do anything for laughing, especially as it wound her up more and she went off on an extreme bumtuck once she'd stood up again :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,440 Posts
Luna did this into a tree in the garden once - fortunately she wasn't up to full speed!

Hope that Ruby is none the worse for her lesson!

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
I had a dog that used to BTR (not a lab but a large lad), he started one upstairs, literally threw himself down the stairs and slid head first into the wooden front door, how he didn`t knock himself out I don`t know, but he was fine afterwards.

I doubt Ruby will have learnt from it but it does show how careful you have to be when out as they can collide with you because they seem to go blind :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, she's absolutely fine at the mo. She often bumtucks like that in the woods, and I think she just forgot where she was and that there was a solid wooden fence behind the garden shrubbery!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Ouch! Poor Ruby.

Our old lab x once had a massive bumtuck in the garden, launched himself off the bottom step of the patio aiming to land through the doors onto the lounge carpet.....but the patio doors were shut and so he just launched and head butted the glass. It was so loud a bang. He just yelped and then stood their all confused and embarrassed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our old border bollie did a similar thing many years ago. We were in a house with a conservatory on the back that was linked by double patio doors, but you could also get through another door via the dining room. Our border collie ran all the way round via the dining room, smashed head first into the closed patio doors trying to get back into the living room, stopped, shook his head for a second, then ran back round via the dining room as if nothing had happened.

We couldn't stop laughing. Poor boy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Poor Ruby, Lily has run into things before when bum tucking. When she does it in the garden she jumps over my son's garden toys and is very agile. I used to take her to a local field for her walks, but I've stopped it now and take her to the woods instead, as I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I'm terrified of her knocking me over when she bum tucks, and in the woods I just stand by a tree when she goes mad which is alot safer.

Debbie

·
Registered
13,264 Posts
They are funny when they bumtuck aren't they just as long as you're out the way ............................i'm normally in the way :twisted: :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts