Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ivor who never drinks water < we have real problems getting him to drink and his wee is always really strong>

Is visiting his granny who has been giving him diluted semi skimmed milk about 25% milk and 75% water

he can't get enough of it and can't stop peeing !!!!!

but will it do him any harm or is it good to get the fluids in him?

thanks in advance

Carla xxx

G

·
As long as it isn't upsetting his tum then it'll do him no harm.

Most of my dogs have milk daily in one form or another, whether it is in a cup of tea or they have some yoghurt or even just licking out an ice cream tub and they are all fine. :wink:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I've always fed my dogs milk (in small amounts) and have never, ever had a problem with it.

In fact, when Ozzie was a young puppy he was really ill around Xmas time and couldn't keep food down. The emergency vet said I could put a little bit of milk into his water bowl to try and keep him interested in the water, and it really helped, he did drink it when there was milk in it.

I know that a lot of people say not to give dogs milk, but I have never had a prob in small amounts.

The other thing you might do instead of offering a dribble of cow's milk is to use goat's milk instead, it has less? no? lactose in it, and it's the lactose which supposedly causes tummy upsets in dogs.

Have his poos stayed nice and firm on this little amount of milk? Too much milk will give him the trots, but he should be fine with just a little bit.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Alfie has a little milk, only because i sat my cuppa down and he got my tea...lol It didn;t upset his tum.

My vet did say something about goats milk being better though, but to dilute it well.

If he's drinking it its gota be a bonus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts