Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello all you Get Togethers! 8)

I've got good news for you all ... we have booked the main Labrador Forums Get Together to take place on & at the following:

Date: Saturday 19th August

Venue: Kingsbury Water Park, Warwickshire. (same as last year)

There's a lot of planning needed, and we'll update you as and when we know more details of what we have planned.. i have many ideas, and a few surprises.. but if anyone has any ideas on what activities we could run on the day, i'd be happy to hear from you. I'd also like to get a 'Get Together Team' together if possible, any volunteers would be fantastic, thank you. :wink:

I will look forward to your ideas, and will keep you updated on the progress of everything. :wink:

Thanks everyone - we look forward to meeting you if you can make it! I have a feeling it might be a biggy this year. :lol:

Chat soon,

Julie, Dave & Bradley xx

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
The really annoying thing is I will likely be down south that weekend, but it's my dad's 60th on the 16th Aug so it will be a family gathering instead. So near yet so far....! Maybe next year..... :lol:

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
ooohhhhh sorry so excited now - as a rough idea what time does it all finish off its not too far to drive but if evening things happen I would prefer to stay over. Any recommendations for B&Bs or is their a travelodge or something

*goes off to calm down before hyperventilating*

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Great news Julie, wonder if we should book the camp site already :D , a fun dog show like last year would be nice, as you say I think there`ll be a lot of people there this year.

I`ll be happy to help out where possible too.

Karen maybe the family wouldn`t mind if you snuck away for a short while :D , unless the celebrations are taking place at the weekend :?

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hooray :D Can't wait! I'll help out again :D

Off to book the camp site...... :lol:

Vicky, there is a Travelodge nearby, as a few members stayed there last year. We finished about 6ish last year. Would have been earlier but we had so many raffle prizes lol

Karen - you must try and come :D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would have been earlier but we had so many raffle prizes lol

LOL Fay!!! :lol: :lol:

I still have nightmares about that raffle! You were soooooo patient!!!!!

Don't worry - the raffle won't take 6 hrs this year!!!! hehehehe!!!

Vicky - The day finished about 6 ish if i remember, but as many people stayed over we had a bit of a do in the evening too. We'll most probably be bringing our motorhome, but as it's early days haven't planned anything yet. I'm sure we'll do something though. :wink:

I'll be adding links to accomodation & all other info in the very near future. :wink:

Thanks for the offers of help by the way everyone - we'll have a team together in no time at all at this rate. :D

Julie x

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Woo hoo - we are coming....assuming Doobie is all mended by then :roll: :lol:

edited to add: Anything you need doing - I'll offer my services too :)

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Camping is a great idea Sarah - the site is brilliant and its fun with a big black Lab lay on your sleeping bag :lol:

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Is there one campsite where everyone gets together Fay?

As a Brown Owl in my spare time - I volunteer to bring camp-fire songs!

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Vicky - The day finished about 6 ish if i remember, but as many people stayed over we had a bit of a do in the evening too. We'll most probably be bringing our motorhome, but as it's early days haven't planned anything yet. I'm sure we'll do something though.

I'll be adding links to accomodation & all other info in the very near future.
lol thanks Julie am too impatient as usual :wink:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Excited excited excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh yes I'll be there btw!)

Am happy to help if needed :D

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Yay! :D :D It's my Lucy's birthday on the 19th, if i can come what a big party she'll be having, a slight bit bigger than the one she would be having 8O !! :lol: Really hope i can make it, she'll have a birthday to remember! :D

G

·
Oh Julie,

I'm so sad and disappointed we won't be able to make it, we are in Barcelona that weekend for OH best mates 40th, shame

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
oooh yay!! i'll be there!! can prob help too, if the gruesome twosome aren't too much trouble!!!!! was thinking of staying over.. even considered camping!! not sure i could manage putting up a tent with 2 dogs 'helping' though 8O

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
:D Time to limber up the gymnastics then :wink: :D

Vicky the travel lodge is very close and good, allow 2 pets per room....

Will just add, anyone not camping, the site is shut at midnight so don't be like a real silly billy last year and enjoy the BBQ ( and falling over water ) so much you forget the time and have to wake up the very grumpy caretaker :oops:

ONG 2 mad hatters this year :roll:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts