Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is nothing I find more satisfying than a game of fetch with my girlies. It really does my heart good! :D

I've just spent the last hour throwing Lola's Kong airball down the back steps into the yard. She has repeatedly bounded after it, leaping over the wee wall onto the lawn and has returned it without fail with her little tail spinning with joy and an eager wee expression! Lovely!

Honey, who has recently mastered the art of swimming, derives more enjoyment from playing fetch in water. She's a picky soul - loves a particular stretch of the river where we walk her, but she will swim backwards and forwards relentlessly after her kong stick or her sliplead. She too has that doting, enthusiastic expression and looks positively forlorn when, after an hours solid throwing, we have the nerve to start going home! :cry:

I feel it really helps with bonding too - the sense of pride and fun you have watching them and the satisfaction of bringing a tired and contented wee companion home for a cuddle.

The simplest of pleasures are just such a joy! Just had to share this, as few of my friends would get how happy it makes me, but on here I know most of you are just as cookie as I am!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
What a lovely post!!!

You're right we are cookie enough to appreciate your sentiments on here! It is the simplest of things that bring pleasure when you have a dog. The hopeful expression on Luna's face when she drops a ball or shoe on my lap never ceases to raise a smile on my face!

Enjoy your fetch sessions! :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm just as kooky about Ed - especially when we have a lovely walk together where he hasn't jumped up someone or he behaves and a stranger says "what a well behaved young dog". I love playing fetch or ruff n tumble with Ed - just need to teach him to drop the toy occassonally!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Mosey said:
I knew you guys would 'get' what I meant!!:D :D :D :D
Thats because we're all as mad as you!!

Totally agree though, I like nothing better than a good game with Rueben, although right at this moment he's having a great time playing hide and seek with my 6 year old son Ben! They're having so much fun together, warms the heart! :D :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It sounds lovely! Unfortunately Gillie gets fed up after a few throws and runs off with the ball to hide under a tree!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats really good to hear.

I have been missing out on the fetch games with buddy as once he has something in his mouth he not drop it for anyone. He prefers to run/swim around and sniff things anyway whenever we do try to play fetch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts