Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Our grass is suffering terribly at the moment from yellow patches - courtesy of our lil' fella! Obviously we're pleased he's going outside but it's starting to look a right mess!

Does anyone have any tips on what to use to 'green' it up again? Our house is rented and whilst they know we have a dog, we don't think they'd be too happy! At least we are keeping it clean of doggy doo as specifically requested! Nothing about yellow patches was ever mentioned!

Also, do any of you have any of those doggy doo disposal units in your garden? Are they any good? Here's what I mean:-

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=132&pf_id=0552

Sorry for this subject......but there's stuff sometimes ya just gotta know!

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you add a little tomato juice to his food it will keep the urine from causing yellow patches.

Re the doggy do bin - never used one but I've heard people say it's only any use if you have small dogs. Looking at it, I reckon my two could fill it in quite a short while before anything had a chance to decompose!

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
nicola hi :)

i have 3 dogs btu the yellow grass you speak of will soon pass once the summer comes and we get all the lovely so called new shoots (unless like my garden to many holes are in it..lol) the grass will return to the lovely green colour are front has patches of "yellow" grass and green grass.. the back garden is the same but the dogs do not go out there so maybe its just the grass:)

as for the doggy do i just nappy sack it and put it in our wheelie bin..lol..looking at that doggy doo disposal bin looks like it goes in the ground my rosze would dig it up in no time..lol..infact it reminds of the nappy bins you get for our babys..LOL..LOL..

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I had that problem too! If you go to somewhere like B&Q they do some lawn fertilizers that when watered in are pet friendly, we used one and it has worked so far. And as for the doggy poop bin, we have one in our garden (a large dog one) and it works really well! We do feed Ben on dry complete food so he does'nt do that many poo's (2 a day). But my old german shepherd used to do loads and she always had meat not dry food. what a lovely subject !:lol: HTH

Cristina

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
The lawn may get better in the summer - ours is a mess at the moment, but it's so wet and of course isn't growing yet. A touch of lawn fertiliser should do the trick :)

We got a poo bin, but started using it straightaway, which was a mistake as Corbie was having 4 meals a day and pooped loads. It became full really quick and now needs to be dealt with, but putting that off :lol: .

I now scoop and flush it all down the toilet, which is so much easier.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ha ha Karen, never thought of the toilet....seems a bit obvious though now.

Must say that it wouldn't work for me with two. I swear a weeks worth probably could easily full a bin bag. Its probably the worst part of having a dog, never mind having two! Yuk yuk :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts