Labradors Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday was dominated by the loss of my mum's wedding ring :roll: .

Phew what a day!! As most of you know my dad died just before Christmas and I have had my mum staying here over the Christmas period. About lunchtime yesterday mum suddenly says "oh no I've lost my wedding ring" with lots and lots of sobs and tears. Operation find the wedding ring began.

We searched absolutely everywhere. In all sorts of orrible, dog hairy places. I shined my torch and saw, to my horror, how dirty this blinkin house is :roll:. Took all of the rubbish out of the wheelie bin and went through it, went through the rubbish in the vacuum, went through the dog pooh bucket 8O, searched under ovens, beds, down the back of radiators, down sinks, in the toilet, and couldn't find the blinkin thing.

Mum in all sorts of distress by know demanding she must go back to her home tomorrow, so my sister arranged to come and pick her up today and take her home (as I am stuck here with the litter of pups).

We both went to bed last night completely exhausted, and all searched out, although I have to say I didn't sleep a wink worrying about it.

This morning I get up bright and early and go down the kennels to let the boys out and there sitting in the middle of Boots bed was a round shiney object 8O 8O . Yes you've guessed it mum's wedding ring!

Goodness only knows how, where and why :roll: . I guess he must have swallowed it ( definitely not something one of my dogs would do but I keep forgetting Boots isn't actually from my lines :roll: ), but he hadn't actually been sick in his kennel (or worse) as I say it was just sitting in the middle of his bed all shiney and new looking 8O .

So mum has gone home today a happy bunny with a big smile on her face and I am a complete emotional wreck who doesn't know which flippin day it is and so looking forward to getting a nights sleep tonight :roll: .

As for young Boots - he can't for the life of him see what all the blinkin fuss is about :? :roll: :roll: .

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You poor thing, but at least all ends well, ring found!!!!

Had you considered that Boots may have found the ring but did not want to let you know yesterday, when you were so upset, just in case he got the blame???

May I suggest a stiff drink and an early night!!!

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure you are right - Boots was just keeping it safe (not) :D .

You're right a stiff drink is the order of the day and at least I can laugh about it today :D .

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Wow thats amazing! And its incrediable that thats the third story i've heard of recently bereaved ladies losing their wedding or engagement rings. My nan did a month after grandad dying a few years back then next door to my mother did about 6 weeks after losing her hubby earlier this year.

Its a little soon for your mum but I wonder if the grief catches them up and stops them eating so much and they lose weight quite quickly - and off it slides - gosh my nan was distraught - hers was never found - so I am so so so so glad BOOTS *found* your mums!

Di

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
OMG that must have been stressful Jill 8O GLad all worked out in the end and I agree you deserve a big drink and relaxation after all of that stress :? :)

Glad to hear you found the ring as I can understand how much it meant to you and your mum :) Well done to Boots for keeping it safe for you :D

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Oh no how stressful for you and not what you need at all.

At least your Mum has gone home comforted and now you can have a nice stiff drink and a good nights sleep.

Poor Boots, I am sure he thought he was helping.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Oh no Jill, you must all have been frantic yesterday. So very pleased to hear you found your Mum's ring this morning, though how on earth it ended up with Boots is anyone's guess 8O :roll:

Pour yourself a nice big tipple this evening and relax :)

·
Registered
10,913 Posts
awww how cute..... Pasco is a terrible theif too.... doesn't really destroy so much as just moves stuff. Caught him with the remote control today! :roll:

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
oh jill i feel for how your mum must of felt to lose her wedding ring so soon after your dad died, she must of been bereft, so glad you found it and all ended well,

i remember losing my wedding ring once, years ago, i was baking a meat and potatoe pie for tea and as usual when making pastry i had taken it off so as not to get pastry mix struck in the pattern on it, after i had finished baking and washed up i couldnt find it anywhere and spent the whole day searching, pulling the oven out even, and like you going through the rubbish, i was in despair and by the time hubby came home was crying i was so upset, anyway we sat down for our tea with hubby promising to help me look for it afterwards, when lo and behold there it was in the middle of his pie :lol: it had been baked too :lol: , but its still going strong now after 34 yrs and i would be mortified if i lost it.

sheila and zak

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Gosh Jill - what a story!

I am so glad that you (well Boots) found your mum's wedding ring, these things are extremely important especially just after a bereavement!

Thank goodness your mum was able to go home "complete"

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
All's well that ends well, as they say. :D I am glad the ring was found, though I am sure it was stressful for both you and your Mum whilst you were searching. :(

Mind you, your story did make me think of the scene in the book Marley and Me, where Marley had eaten the author's wife's gold necklace. 8O They saw him do it, but they ended up having to wait until it emerged from the other end of him. It meant they spent a couple of days sifting through all his poops, one by one. Atl least you were spared that one! :D Boots just had it in there for safekeeping. :wink: :lol:

Helen.

·
Registered
958 Posts
so glad you found it :D There was a story in our local paper the other week, a woman lost her weddng ring, when the local bowls club returfed it was found......
15 year afer she lost it!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts