Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our old lab Simba used to get incredibly excited whenever anyone went up in the loft. As soon as he heard the first scrape of the loft ladder being pulled down, he'd be up the stairs like a shot, wagging his tail furiously and jumping up like it was the best thing ever. And when he saw someone coming down from the loft, he'd greet them like they'd been away for weeks.

Now that Alfie is a mature, trustworthy two year old :roll: he is allowed upstairs sometimes, and has just had his first experience of someone going up in the loft. And he reacted exactly the same!

I just don't get it. It's not as though dog treats or new toys are brought down from the loft.... do any of your dogs share this strange fascination?

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Slightly different as our attic is converted with a proper stair case but if Daisy sneaks out of the living room, that is where she will be found! :D

?

·
0 Posts
Oooo Funny you should say that...our old Jack Russell used to be the same 8O . Goodness knows why though. She used to get so excited, she even tried to climb the ladder occasionally. :lol:

None of my dogs now react like that.....but then we barely have a loft now, so rarely go up there.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Ozzie has tried to climb up the loft ladder as well!!

Vegas has never been upstairs while the ladder has ben down or the trapdoor open, so he doesn't even know there *is* a loft :)

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
You know both my two have the same reaction to our basement. It's got a normal staircase but neither will attempt to go down it. Our laundry room is in the basement and if I go down they wait at the top paws hanging over the edge and greet me like i've 'survived' :?

I don't use the loft but might have to get the ladder down just to see if it's the same :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yep My Max is exactly the same although Molly and Cassie dont/didnt care one way or the other but Max well if he could work out how to climb the steps he would be up there straight away!!!!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Diesel gets all excited when i open the laundry room door. :p
His wag goes into ovedrive and ge starts bouncing around.
I think it has something to do with the dirty washing. He likes to drag it all around the house if he gets in there :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts