Labradors Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i have a horrible feeling that max has just hit the "terrible teens" stage. :evil: up untill now he has been pretty good (for a labby :lol: ). the last couple of days the defiant stage has started. seems like he is trying to assert himself as top dog 8O . had to call "time out" 4 times yesterday as he started throwing his weight about and chucking his toys out the pram :lol:
oh well back to the tough mum again. just trying to remember how i got through it with my daughter and whether i can use the same tricks (no pocket money, grounding and in by 10) :lol:
wish me luck! ](*,)

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol...either that or tell him no more treats and he will be grounded for a month with all his toys taken away and no tv and no music...lol..and no freinds round to play..lol..

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was gonna send him to bed early last night but then thought better of it as its me thats got to get early to let him out :( think i will just have to give him the red card and ban the football :lol:

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
LOL..oh thats a really good punishment...lol..has he given you the i wuv you mum look yet..lol..

rosze has just discovered the football but my kids arent happy about it she has burst 3 already...lol..1 of them is my 2yr olds telly tubby ball so i have to go buy him a new one..lol..

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi clair,
yep as im about to loose it with him he plonks his bum down in front of me and i get the "but you know i luvs you mum" look and a big sloppy kiss :lol: then off he goes tail up and finds something else that he shouldnt be doing 8O

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

I can sympathise, ben is at that stage too. He tends to get over excited and push you around. I took all his toys away except one as he was chucking them all around the house, he just looked at me as if to say "what have you done that for?" and then chewed it to pieces! :shock: :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Hi Jane,my sympathies,i have been going through this for ages and it's not a pretty sight,but he will grow out of it eventually,unlike dyl who seems to think he was born to stay in the" terrible two's "stage,in fact at the moment he's pulling up the landing carpet and i'm trying to scold him and and getting nowhere and that damn tail is sky high,his punishment is to put the loo roll out of reach as when he's bad he always steals the loo roll or a towel as if to say well at least i have something,good job i love the monster,lynne.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi guys,
well so far today the stair carpet has taken a bashing. the loo brush has been totally destroyed, the corner of the coffee table has now got a bit missing and he's now prowling round the garden barking at everyone that walks by :x and is he taking any notice of me? not a bit :? he's just about to be banished to the kitchen for a "time out" so i can have a cup of coffee and a ciggy and compose my self for the next round :lol: definitly no tv for him tonight :D

G

·
Oh the good old days of the terrible teens. I remember them well, as I recall they went on for years.
Ollie was dreadful we called him Damien Devil Dog when he'd got one on him. Sometimes when he was good we used to joke and say someone must have swapped him today.

I wish you lots of luck with you labbies.

](*,)

Michaela

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Jane,i keep telling you max is too much like dylan for his own good,they are deffinatley on the same wavelength those two,Lynne.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
forgot to say that he has been banned from watching england play this afternoon and definitly no match of the day tonight :lol:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Being a rugby fan dylan would call that a blessing,i believe i can remember him going round the house last week singing "SIXTH NATIONS" over and over again,Lynne,

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi lynne,
seeing as i want to watch the match ive had to cave in and let him watch as well :lol: mind you the first sign of toilet rolls being chucked he will be "sent off :evil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts