Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i think button may be teething, the last couple of days she has been a bit nippier than normal, and has started to really chew her crate .. she had quite a soft poo today, just wondered if this could be related as is with babies??!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have no idea but have noticed the same thing with Alfie - I shall watch this thread with interest to see if anyone can shed any light on the situation! :)

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Yes, teething can make a dog a little loose, so I'd not be surprised this is the answer in your case.

Also, a bit of info for later, so can coming into season! :wink:

Not always, either of them, but it does often follow.

Regards, John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that answer john...can't wait til she comes into season....just out of interest just how messy does it get???!!!

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
just out of interest just how messy does it get???!!!
They are all different. Anna always had very heavy seasons where Amy's are very light. Then some bitches clear up after themselves but some leave it to the "Hired Help!" :wink: I have a couple of old sheets which I use to cover the carpets at that time. It may not look good, but after the season I can take them up and chuck them in the washing machine and put them away for next time. I figure if the Queen turnes up unexpectedly she will have to take us as she finds us. :lol:

Be aware the season is coming, but with common sense it is not something to be feared.

Regards, John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was right...have noticed some of buttons side teeth are coming through now, how sweet!!!! still chewing her crate lots :)

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
You often never find the puppy teeth, they get swallowed and pass through the system, getting cleared up on "Poo Patrol!" :lol: But teething takes a time, and is rarely finished before 6 months old or later.

Regards, John

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Indy had a 'loose' couple of poos on Sunday and Monday, with normal poos in between. She was grouchy and sleepy on Monday, all down to teething. Her gums looked quite sore at the front, poor pup. She's better now, but has wobbly fangs at present. Just waiting for them to drop out :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was so hoping to find some of Alfie's baby teeth although so far I haven't :cry:

The other day I noticed that one had just fallen out..... a couple of hours later the new one had started coming through - it's unbelievable how quickly they grow!!!

:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
same here, haven't found the ones she lost....not sure i want to go searching for them either :p

there are 4 new ones coming through now at the sides, she is very quiet today, but started the week very nippy!!

she is so cheeky though as i am sitting here now laptop on my knee, she has got her leg nicely positioned just below the keys :roll:

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
I am a bit worried about Sultans k9 teeth coming through. His baby teeth are still there, and have been for over a week. He is really having a bad time. I am thinking of taking him to the vet on monday. I have given him chews But they dont even seem loose.

·
Registered
240 Posts
mistymoore said:
there are 4 new ones coming through now at the sides, she is very quiet today, but started the week very nippy!!
We have nicknamed Alfie "Bitey" on account of the nippiness!!! :lol: He's been very vocal and hyper today and I think it's because of his teeth :roll:

gixju - I'm really sorry to hear that Sultan is having a bad time but don't have any suggestions other than chews... I found rawhide shoes, pigs ears, icecubes, carrots etc. seem to relieve things a bit. I'm sure that his baby teeth will come out in their own time but having a word with your vet to ease your mind won't hurt! I hope he's feeling better soon!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes button was really nippy at the beginning of the week...we were like, oh god what is happening to her!!! but towards the end of the week she has been a little quieter and just chewing lots !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
something else also................a few days ago button saounded like she was choking on something a couple of times - couldnt see what it was though and just occured to me it could have been some teeth?????

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was just saying to MIL today that we hadn't found any of Alfie's baby teeth and that it would be nice to have just one.

We got home an hour of so later and Alfie seemed to be chewing on nothing and pulling a funny face.... seconds later he presented me with one very small tooth!!! :D :D :D

What a clever boy, he must listen to me after all!!!!!

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
2 K9 Down and out. Maybe be another one tonight. (I hope)! Hopefully one more to go.
P.S. Poos much better today

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
welll...we have def lost one at the front as there is a hole ... no sign of any lost tooth though, must have been eaten!!!!

funny how we all look forward to puppies losing their teeth....i just want to find one
:D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I would not stress about finding the baby teeth, I have never found any of mine and on pup no 5 :roll: :roll:

I hope your pups are all better soon (i cant wait for Cori to finish teething, she is like a shark with the little oober sharp teeth :roll: :roll: :roll: )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts