Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Our Bradley, who is 4 months old, has just entered the 'teething' stage. He's coping quite well, and is of course nibbling on anything he can get his little gnashers into... :roll: lol

Can anyone recommend any type of bone/s he could chew on, which will also help his teeth? There are so many different types around, and not all are suitable for puppies either. Anyone got any ideas?

Also, how often is it safe to give them to puppies? I gave him a pedigree bone especially for puppies a couple days ago, and he ate it in about 10 minutes flat! lol. I wouldn't want to give him this kind of bone that often as it would upset his tummy.

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Bradleysmum

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
thx for the advice labdad, do you know you havent got an avatar yet btw on the left hand side of your posts ?

·
Registered
286 Posts

I recognize a computer on good days. I am just a wordy button pusher. I have no clue how to resize photos to fit the specs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How much to feed

I have a 8 and a half week old chocolate lab called Mitzie. The food the breeder gave us was so stinky that we have gradually changed her over to Pedigree puppy dry food and it is going down well. Problem is, on the bag it gives the quantity required in grams per day when a dog is fully grown. How much does an adult weigh?

I am giving her three meals a day of about 60 to 70 grams, which she eats all of. After eating her tummy looks like a barrel but she is slim again by the next meal. (If only it would work with me!)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Bradleysmum
Great ideas above would just add frozen kongs

Hi Chocky

The food the breeder gave us was so stinky
– it wasn’t tripe was it? Actually I think they go by smell more than taste – in fact, come to think of it does anyone’s lab actually taste their food? Don’t think it touches the side of mine's mouth! :D

How much does an adult weigh?
- Anything between under 30kg and over 40kg – so quite a variation.

I’ve never used pedigree, but find generally that the amounts recommended on food packs are only guides and often need to feed less than they recommend (although currently with the food I'm using it's a little more)
At 8 and a half weeks she really still need four meals a day (same amount but split into four meals) and wouldn’t drop to three until 12 – 14 weeks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for that. The food wasn't tripe i don't think, it was a dry dog food made by Skinners and it made her coat smell (and even the cupboard that i stored it in) although she loved it. I am reluctant to change to 4 meals a day as she is so contented and happy with the way things are at the moment. The breeder was only feeding her 3 meals so i kept the same routine and to be honest it fits in well with my routine too as she is coming to my office with me in the mornings.

Iv'e found the forums really helpful by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts