Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have toyed with posting this to save me looking a fool (again :roll: ) :lol:

Cori has a rash on her tummy, kind of a load of spots kind of similar to teenage acne (very distant memory for me :( ) Anyway, they kind of looked like spots that had got infected, anyhow the vet said it was a bit like a human acne rash, has anyone ever heard of this ?? PS Cori was 11 months at the time :)

(sorry I forgot to take photos and it has all cleared now :oops: )

·
Registered
888 Posts
Holly has just had the same (and so has her brother), we noticed for a few weeks that she had spots under her chin and then she got them in her groins, under her armpits and on her tummy. the vet gave her a course of ciprofloxacin and they have cleared up lovely. we also dug up some plants in the garden which she was always trampeling on nasturshum and lamium justin case, she is 10 months old. So no you're not stupid :lol:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Jess has had similar spots on her tummy and nether regions. Asked vet about it...she didn't seem too worried. They seem to clear up themselves tho. Jess is currently 17 weeks but has had them from about 10 weeks.

Has anyone else's pup had this?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Yes Skittle keeps gettin a rash on her groin and the underside of her tail.
My vet suggested it was either an allergy rash from her surfing in the long grass or more likely she doesnt finish when she wees!! Is too busy moving on and she thinks it may be urine iritating her skin, got a shampoo to use when it is bad and have to make her finish!! Have also put Aloe Vera gel on it to stop her biting at it! (she is 2 1/2yrs old!!)

Marianne

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ah, Mambosmum.....I think you might have hit the nail on the head with her not finishing when she goes to the loo and may be that being the problem. We don't rush Jess or anything but when she goes out in the garden, she doesn't do one big wee, she'll do 2 or 3 little ones....so I wonder if that is it....?

Get a little wary of her tho as she had cystitis at 10 weeks :-( so always wonder if it's coming back....but when she had it before she was going out (or just anywhere!) for a wee every 5 mins bless her...

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Luna got a few acne type spots on tum/groin around 8-10 months, starting with ingrown hairs after she was shaved for spay. She was really good and let me 'pick' out the hairs! I used to keep them clean with antibac wound wash and keep an eye that they didn't get too out of control. Hasn't had any for ages now - 16months

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Have you got a plant in your kitchen? I sometimes just cut an Aloe leaf and gently annoint the area with the gel from the leaf.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I think Theo may have something similar to this at the moment, he's had it for a few weeks now, he has red spots in his armpits and around his groin where the hair cover is thinner, sometimes they have ***** heads. We washed him in Malaseb shampoo and gave a dose of Stronghold just in case but they are still there. They go up and down at the moment they are particularly angry looking. We have taken him to a vet and she said she thinks it's an allergy to something, a pollen or similar, she is a homeopathic vet so has given him some tablets to see if they work...

Theo is a couple days short of 11months

1 - 9 of 9 Posts